Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lancashire at Edgbaston
Another woeful inns from Trott
When I saw we were two down I was hoping it was Umeed who seems stuck at the crease currently.

Who actually said Trott has been woeful, out of interest? For me he's been the only batsman emerging with any credit
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Bell out...here comes the collapse...
Proud to be a Bear
(27-06-2017, 03:28 PM)Lilly Wrote: When I saw we were two down I was hoping it was Umeed who seems stuck at the crease currently.

Who actually said Trott has been woeful, out of interest? For me he's been the only batsman emerging with any credit

RayB - then said he was referring to the batting unit which includes Trott. Either way, very misplaced comment about easily our best and most consistent batsman. Pah!
(27-06-2017, 03:36 PM)stingray Wrote:
(27-06-2017, 03:28 PM)Lilly Wrote: When I saw we were two down I was hoping it was Umeed who seems stuck at the crease currently.

RayB - then said he was referring to the batting unit which includes Trott. Either way, very misplaced comment about easily our best and most consistent batsman. Pah!

Hadn't seen that. Trott is certainly exempt from criticism for me, to be averaging over 45 in a side that have been frankly awful is an impressive effort.
I agree Simon. Trott getting 56 IS woeful when Billy and Belly manage 1 between them !!!
LE - aka John
(27-06-2017, 03:38 PM)Lilly Wrote:
(27-06-2017, 03:36 PM)stingray Wrote:

Hadn't seen that. Trott is certainly exempt from criticism for me, to be averaging over 45 in a side that have been frankly awful is an impressive effort.

My apologies to RayB, it was Paul Bear!
Bell's form needs addressing. I don't overly care who we give the captaincy to, give it Porterfield, not as though he can do any worse with the bat and he captains Ireland, but we need the run machine back firing for us. He clearly cannot manage both roles
[-] The following 2 users Like Lilly's post:
Leicester Exile, narsty simon
I see the BBC say that the concerns of the members are mostly concerned with what time they had to stay here until last night.

I really hope things in the members area were a bit more positive than that .... the game needs / must try these things..... I certainly felt positive slumming it with my chips in other parts of the ground last night...

Anyway .... loosing Trott and Bell so closely wasnt great.
Hain gone. Bugger
Indeed... but at least Ambrose got his 10,000th run ;-)

Congrats to him....
(27-06-2017, 04:31 PM)Warleybear Wrote: I see the BBC say that the concerns of the members are mostly concerned with what time they had to stay here until last night.

I really hope things in the members area were a bit more positive than that .... the game needs / must try these things..... I certainly felt positive slumming it with my chips in other parts of the ground last night...

Anyway .... loosing Trott and Bell so closely wasnt great.

Most members not positive, creatures of habit,  so amazing the number that went around 6.30,home  for their tea, I agree it was a worthwhile experiment_hopefully will continue next year, that said it's awkward if you're away, too much time to kill before start of play
Well we've avoided the follow on which means one thing - we won't lose by an innings! Biggrin
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 2 users Like Exiled Bear's post:
Leicester Exile, philly
Confirmation that Bears have signed Will Rhodes
Interesting signing - he wanting to forward his career and we looking like being relegated. Sounds like a really good signing to replace Rikki in the autumn of his career.
LE - aka John
Brings the age of the squad down at the very least, good luck to the lad, hopefully he fires for us.

Umeed has seriously dug in today. No partnerships though is costing us
Umeeds knock is showing some grit by the look of things.... grinding it out....
(27-06-2017, 05:50 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Confirmation that Bears have signed Will Rhodes

At the end of the season though.  We need him now !  Do people think there's any chance of a loan ?
Hmm ... 2 wickets in two balls...
Is no-one going to stay with Umeed?
LE - aka John