Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lancashire at Edgbaston
Am I correct in thinking that Umeed scored his debut ton against Lancashire?
Proud to be a Bear
No it was against Durham, I saw it, it was superb, Woakes then took 9 wickets and we got a big 1st innings lead. England then called him up for the first Test v Pakistan (Totally ******* stupid thing to do) and we lost the game.
(26-06-2017, 10:15 PM)paulbear Wrote: No it was against Durham, I saw it, it was superb, Woakes then took 9 wickets and we got a big 1st innings lead. England then called him up for the first Test v Pakistan (Totally ******* stupid thing to do) and we lost the game.

Ah yes, I thought it was the same game as Woakes 9-fer. Maybe we'll have him back for a while after he comes back from injury?
Proud to be a Bear
(26-06-2017, 09:56 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Stumps... and off to bed .... not a bad day for the Bears IMHO.

Good effort lads, now let's get a few runs.
(26-06-2017, 09:26 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Anderson is enjoying this as much as I am my chips.... this is a new challenge for Trott.

Ive really enjoyed this evening.... im sure there will be those who dont like it.... but I have.

So did I, particularly the last hour or so when it was properly dark. Good battle.
Finished works around half 8 so couldn't get down, decent day in terms of the score though, need to put the runs on tomorrow and get a first innings lead
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Interesting quote from George's write-up:

"There will be another new face at Warwickshire shortly. A batting allrounder who is currently struggling for first team opportunities at his strong county, had his medical on Monday. His signing is likely to be announced on Tuesday."

Anyone got any ideas?
Proud to be a Bear
(27-06-2017, 12:04 AM)Exiled Bear Wrote: Interesting quote from George's write-up:

"There will be another new face at Warwickshire shortly. A batting allrounder who is currently struggling for first team opportunities at his strong county, had his medical on Monday. His signing is likely to be announced on Tuesday."

Anyone got any ideas?
It's not me.
P.S. Not sure I like the timing. I can't listen to any of the morning session during my commute, and then I need to work.
(27-06-2017, 12:04 AM)Exiled Bear Wrote: Interesting quote from George's write-up:

Anyone got any ideas?

Somerset have several candidates although do they count as a strong county? Jim Allenby and Johann Myburgh don't get in their red ball teams and Roelof van Der Merwe seems out of favour. Hard to think of any others. Will Smith from Hampshire, perhaps?

Not names to really set the pulse racing but I am relieved to hear that the Bears are trying something different anyway.
Nice to read we got them out for under 300 with max bowling points. Just hope the batsmen can also show similar improvement and post a good score - dare I dream of max batting points!
LE - aka John
I'd be surprised if it was Allenby - would we sign someone who is nearly 35 given the average age of our squad? In fact, given the wording, I'd be surprised if they were from Somerset.
Proud to be a Bear
George does like to tease!
A bit  worried about the weather forecast.  I shall travel up from Bristol more in hope than expectation.
I had a go on Deep Extra Cover to set out what I thought about the season so far:
http://deepextracover.com/2017/06/what-h...wickshire/
Of course, if the weather relents and the Bears hammer Lancashire into submission, the whole article will look a bit off target but if so I will be quite happy to eat humble pie.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(27-06-2017, 09:24 AM)Terry Wrote: George does like to tease!
A bit  worried about the weather forecast.  I shall travel up from Bristol more in hope than expectation.
I had a go on Deep Extra Cover to set out what I thought about the season so far:
http://deepextracover.com/2017/06/what-h...wickshire/
Of course, if the weather relents and the Bears hammer Lancashire into submission, the whole article will look a bit off target but if so I will be quite happy to eat humble pie.

At least bad light won't be an issue!
Proud to be a Bear
The morning after.... probably the most enjoyable championship cricket yesterday that I have seen for some time. It was a real battle and the Bears did well. As Stingray says ... it was a real battle and great to be there after work. I really enjoyed it!

Come on U Bears!!!!!
(27-06-2017, 03:35 AM)philly Wrote:

Anyone got any ideas?
It's not me.

Paul Sterling?
(27-06-2017, 12:32 PM)Malc Wrote:

Anyone got any ideas?
It's not me.

Paul Sterling?

I agree - Paul Stirling is a possibility.  He's only played 3 CC games this season (averaging 56 !).  He is playing in their current match - but that is only in place of Malan.  I also agree with EB, it won't be anyone from Somerset - they're struggling as much as us and need a full squad to choose from.
(27-06-2017, 12:56 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote:
(27-06-2017, 12:32 PM)Malc Wrote:

Anyone got any ideas?
It's not me.

Paul Sterling?

I agree - Paul Stirling is a possibility.  He's only played 3 CC games this season (averaging 56 !).  He is playing in their current match - but that is only in place of Malan.  I also agree with EB, it won't be anyone from Somerset - they're struggling as much as us and need a full squad to choose from.
Malan is playing, but I don't think Robson is.
Anyway, Stirling top scored and got a century against Yorks earlier this month. I doubt that Middlesex would want rid.
(26-06-2017, 10:59 PM)stingray Wrote:
(26-06-2017, 09:26 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Anderson is enjoying this as much as I am my chips.... this is a new challenge for Trott.

Ive really enjoyed this evening.... im sure there will be those who dont like it.... but I have.

So did I, particularly the last hour or so when it was properly dark. Good battle.
I too enjoyed it so all's good even WB is embracing proper cricket
(27-06-2017, 01:23 PM)narsty simon Wrote:
(26-06-2017, 10:59 PM)stingray Wrote:

I too enjoyed it so all's good even WB is embracing proper cricket

I'm a bit annoyed they scheduled it starting on a Monday. And they managed to put it in one of the busiest periods at work for me so I can't even take the day off to come and watch, how inconsiderate!
Proud to be a Bear