Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Essex at Chelmsford
(24-06-2017, 03:31 PM)narsty simon Wrote: TBF it's a well balanced article from Ashley, you guys ranting on isn't going to change things & the comment about calling Trott woeful is tbh laughable,before Chelmsford he had scored a century in every away game from Oxford to Southampton inclusive & any batsman who averages 40+is a very good player, if the top 5 all achieved that we wouldn't be in such a mess & it would relieve the pressure on the all rounders & bowlers, forget the whingeing guys & get down to Edgbaston next week & support the guys, a2pm start gives you little excuse to attend part of the game@least

All well and good but how far can you keep mindlessly supporting before questions have to be asked?
Paul fondled my onion bags.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
paulbear
Amazing how people can have different reactions. To me the Giles interview is a string of pointless platitudes. And the talk of asking players to "go to the well." Words fail me.
And no mention of the coaching staff. Or the captain.
It is as if we have had a few poor results whereas it is the scale of the defeats which is so mind boggling. Players like Bopara, without a Championship century for years, feasting on our bowling. And then the capitulation when we bat.
Where is the attempt to explain why every other side is more energetic than ours.
[-] The following 1 user Likes exiledinkent's post:
paulbear
Yes we do look lethargic in the field and a lot of that is to do with age. We panic in the face of a big score and seem to get bowled out by ordinary bowling, Hampshire are not full of world beaters and as I mentioned once before, Essex beat us with basically three bowlers.
We should remember that public statements are often very different from what is said in private.

Publicly attacking the workforce will do nothing to improve the motivation, and confidence of the players and coaches, nor will it make the club look to be an attractive and supportive employer to possible future signings.

The first issue to be resolved is the poor strike rate of the bowlers, with only Chris Wright & Grant Thornton taking less than 10 overs to take a wicket.

Having a poor strike rate leads to the following
a) we spend more time in the field, & the opposition have big totals.
b) the oppositions bowlers are rested & more confident of being able to bowl flat out, as they know they'll have plenty of rest time before they bowl again.
c) Our batsmen, especially openers, are starting their innings when tired and facing 'scoreboard pressure' as well as aggressive fields from opposition that do not have to be overly concerned about conceding runs.
d) When players are tired the chances of injury increases, leading to missed playing time by key players, and performance in the field also decreases.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Talking to the players today I was asked what the supporters 'mood was like, of course different supporters have different feelings, their main concern was the accusation of' not trying '&' giving up', as a squad they genuinely believe they can get out of this as they did in2010, I know some on here will dismiss those remarks & I expect to be ridiculed for this post but as previously stated now is the time to get behind them,spend less time on your keyboards & more time @the games, the lads would appreciate that far more, this is a difficult period but while they remain positive maybe you should too,OK it may end in tears & mug's league cricket, even God's county have tasted that'shame', big counties aren't down for long, we have had more than our fair share of success & that seems to have spoilt people on here, we don't have a God given right to win every game
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
Leicester Exile
You deserve to be ridiculed. If you, in an obviously privileged position of chatting with players, was asked about the mood of supporters/ members why didn't you tell them that the vast majority are furious and feel cheated and totally appalled at the performances dished up this season. Why didn't you tell them that the members feel that the coaches are crap and that Ashley's "well balanced" rhetoric is a load of company rubbish. Why didn't you say that the members don't want to be relegated and would like the coaches and players to pull their bloody fingers out. Why didn't you say any of that rather than ponce about on here saying "talking to the players today". Good god you are everything that is wrong about Warwickshire County Cricket Club, we are going to go down without a whimper saying "let's stick together and support the lads" get a grip, look at what is happening in the rest of the cricket world. We may have a stadium but we need a bloody cricket team to play in it. Don't we?
If you bothered to turn up today you could have told them that yourself
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
Leicester Exile
(25-06-2017, 09:54 PM)Rayb Wrote: You deserve to be ridiculed. If you, in an obviously privileged position of chatting with players, was asked about the mood of supporters/ members why didn't you tell them that the vast majority are furious and feel cheated and totally appalled at the performances dished up this season. Why didn't you tell them that the members feel that the coaches are crap and that Ashley's "well balanced" rhetoric is a load of company rubbish. Why didn't you say that the members don't want to be relegated and would like the coaches and players to pull their bloody fingers out. Why didn't you say any of that rather than ponce about on here saying "talking to the players today". Good god you are everything that is wrong about Warwickshire County Cricket Club, we are going to go down without a whimper saying "let's stick together and support the lads" get a grip, look at what is happening in the rest of the cricket world. We may have a stadium but we need a bloody cricket team to play in it. Don't we?

What a thoroughly unpleasant post. Hope to god you don't manage anyone because you sure as hell wouldn't know how to motivate someone going through a hard time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
Leicester Exile
(25-06-2017, 08:28 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Talking to the players today I was asked what the supporters 'mood was like, of course different supporters have different feelings, their main concern was the accusation of' not trying '&' giving up', as a squad they genuinely believe they can get out of this as they did in2010, I know some on here will dismiss those remarks & I expect to be ridiculed for this post but as previously stated now is the time to get behind them,spend less time on your keyboards & more time @the games, the lads would appreciate that far more, this is a difficult period but while they remain positive maybe you should too,OK it may end in tears & mug's league cricket, even God's county have tasted that'shame', big counties aren't down for long, we have had more than our fair share of success & that seems to have spoilt people on here, we don't have a God given right to win every game

Simon, the time spent on keyboards is generally between fiascos, most posters are genuine supporters of Warwickshire cricket who were at the games. Their comments are born out of frustration, but the keyboard warriors always return for what has this season been their match day misery and no one expects to win every game ............ just compete.
Well said SCB.I don't need to go in for badge-kissing and "sing yer hearts out for the lads" sentimentality to prove my support. I've seen 13 days worth of cricket at Edgbaston in 2017 and expect to be at most of this weeks game. I am genuinely perplexed at the lack of anything tangible from the club regarding our parlous state.

And pointing out the fact that most of us saw ths slow motion car crash approaching over the last 2 years is perfectly reasonable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaveC's post:
South Coast Bear
(25-06-2017, 08:28 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Talking to the players today I was asked what the supporters 'mood was like, of course different supporters have different feelings, their main concern was the accusation of' not trying '&' giving up', as a squad they genuinely believe they can get out of this as they did in2010, I know some on here will dismiss those remarks & I expect to be ridiculed for this post but as previously stated now is the time to get behind them,spend less time on your keyboards & more time @the games, the lads would appreciate that far more, this is a difficult period but while they remain positive maybe you should too,OK it may end in tears & mug's league cricket, even God's county have tasted that'shame', big counties aren't down for long, we have had more than our fair share of success & that seems to have spoilt people on here, we don't have a God given right to win every game

I would expect them to say nothing less. I somehow cannot see them turning round and saying 'yeh, we're just having a bit of a jolly now because we know we're doomed'.

Sadly, four innings defeats out of six tell the true tale of the tape. We are not just losing, we are getting utterly pummelled. I keep hope that we will turn it around, but words do not mean a lot currently, it is performances that are required to back those words up.
I can see Simon's point of view. Back in 2006/7 when I was going every game home and away and was speaking to the players you tend to be more supportive of the players because you have that connection with them. Its easier to be critical when you have no connection and its on a forum like this.

Right now I cant even go in I wanted to because I am looking after my very ill mom 24/7 and to be honest cricket really isn't that important.
Its good to win but its not life or death.

(26-06-2017, 11:44 AM)Paul Wrote: I can see Simon's point of view. Back in 2006/7 when I was going every game home and away and was speaking to the players you tend to be more supportive of the players because you have that connection with them. Its easier to be critical when you have no connection and its on a forum like this.

Right now I cant even go in I wanted to because I am looking after my very ill mom 24/7 and to be honest cricket really isn't that important.

I would agree, and I certainly have nothing against any of the players on a personal level, my criticism has been performance related and borne out of frustration at players who I have seen be majestic in their prime struggling and a club not backing the team up from the recruitment side. We have allowed it to become very stale and result in the current position, which I'm sorry but that needs scrutiny for me. Any business would look inwardly if their performance levels had dropped like ours have
(26-06-2017, 11:44 AM)Paul Wrote: I can see Simon's point of view. Back in 2006/7 when I was going every game home and away and was speaking to the players you tend to be more supportive of the players because you have that connection with them. Its easier to be critical when you have no connection and its on a forum like this.

It is a difficult one. I am commenting from a distance, although I was at the Rose Bowl, but I still feel entitled to say that the Club has been mismanaged.
I think there are also obvious questions around the captain and the coaching staff.
I would never accuse a player of not trying but I do think that the fight can leak out of a demoralised side. Confidence is a massive factor in cricket at this level. A night in a hotel room when you and the side are struggling is not good for anyone.
Still waiting for the Lancs toss. If they bat first then I am not optimistic.
They are batting first. When was the last time Belly won a toss? Luck really not with us currently
The point of a forum is that it gives people the platform to give opinions whether it is positive or negative and whether they are able to get to games or not.

[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
exiledinkent, Leicester Exile