• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Essex at Chelmsford
6 down for 74 runs.

Will we survive until lunch?
Paul fondled my onion bags.
74 for 7 now, so perhaps not.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
First baller for Barker.

May as well wrap it up before lunch. We need to hit our nadir to start to rise again, but sadly I don't think we have hit is as yet even with how abysmal we have been.
I can't remember seeing a County side so hopelessly out of its depth. I thought we might struggle this season but this is something else.
Why arent they playing some shots ?? Go on the counter attack ?? Instead they are prodding about waiting to be dismissed by the inevitable good delivery on waring 4th day pitch !! Absolutely clueless
Jeets will play his shots. May as well.
Prod around = get out.
Play your shots = get out.

Maybe they should try staying in the dressing room.
This is embarrassing. Where is the fight?
Proud to be a Bear
The domino effect

(22-06-2017, 01:00 PM)Paul Wrote: The domino effect

Harmer has seven (7) LBW's and two wickets still to fall, what goes on ............ a total abject embarrassment, I cannot remember a worse Warwickshire team and struggle to remember a worse Division One team, I await answers and even more I await action from the Coaching side of the Club.
Tim needs 5 more for 10,000 FC runs.
(22-06-2017, 01:23 PM)coolerking Wrote: Tim needs 5 more for 10,000 FC runs.

Are there enough games left this season for him to get there?

I heard El Rey d'Espana interviewed on TMS last week. He was quick - very quick - to say that first team cricket was Jim Troughton's province. You can read that as showing trust in your lieutenants or you can read it as lining up a scapegoat. Anyway, I think Ashley knows the club is in a deep, deep hole.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
coolerking
(22-06-2017, 01:23 PM)coolerking Wrote: Tim needs 5 more for 10,000 FC runs.

He's one off it, with one wicket left to fall.

Tense
You couldn't make it up!!

Tim stranded on 9,999 as we are all out for 94.

Absolute shambles. Revolution required starting now.
Heads must surely roll and soon. Admittingly from a distance I feel Troughton is not up to the job as coach neither is Frost and Richardson in their roles. I would suggest a change of captain but I can't see anyone suitable
LE - aka John
(22-06-2017, 02:22 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Heads must surely roll and soon. Admittingly from a distance I feel Troughton is not up to the job as coach neither is Frost and Richardson in their roles. I would suggest a change of captain but I can't see anyone suitable

I think the minimum is that the captain and entire coaching squad offer their resignations. If Giles decides to stick with them then so be it.
But we are surely paying the price where the criteria for a position appears to be that you once played for Warwickshire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes exiledinkent's post:
Leicester Exile
I think its very unfair to lay the blame on Jim. It rests with the players. Either they are past it or unmotivated and its very difficult for young players coming in under these circumstances. I don't know about contracts but I would not renew most of the senior players contracts when they expire even if they are due a benefit. We need to use what money we have to get young and hungry players in and also give the academy players a chance. Maybe 2nd division wouldn't be a bad place to rebuild.

The season has been such a clusterf**k that everyone needs to look at themselves: players, coaching, management. This season isn't a one-off, it has been brewing for some time and virtually all those present have been here for quite a while.
No one could convince me that there are not major problems with our cricket team that go far beyond the abilities of 11 individual players. To only blame the coaches is equally as bad as only blaming the players, collectively however it is a complete mess and as we employ coaches to apparently coach surely that is a starting point that is difficult to ignore. Can anyone point to a bowler that has improved in the last two or three years, certainly not one who plays regular first team cricket. Equally the same question has to be asked in the batting department which includes two of the most successful and talented English test players of recent times, how can that be? I can't think of first division county where that dismal claim to fame could be equalled and probably no second division one. Every county that I think of has individuals that show considerable signs of improvement, every county has improved by acquisition or by identifying players who might qualify to play for them for a season or two, maybe longer, but not us, quite simply not us. Firstly how about getting Jim to go back to doing what he was doing last season, whatever that was, and getting Ashley to be first team coach. Which is what I believed he was coming back to do rather than some elevated position that we didn't have previously, and he has never done before, secondly find a bowling coach who can improve bowlers and might even know one or two to draft in. Thirdly ask Jack Frost to go back to cutting the grass and get Jonathan to double up as batting coach until the end of the season. Lastly ask our captain if he really wants to be our captain or does he want to concentrate on getting his test place back, which one day will sink in with him and he will realise that it ain't gonna happen!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rayb's post:
Malc
(22-06-2017, 02:46 PM)coolerking Wrote:  such a clusterf**k

Not sure it's been that good.  Are you putting too positive a spin on things?