Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Essex at Chelmsford
Only1bowling point again!
And they are putting on a good partnership to boot. To stand any chance of eking out a win in this one we needs wickets soon.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Not really threatened this morning
On target for another innings defeat. :-(
Our first innings will have scoreboard pressure written all over it.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
and the wicket will have turned into a minefield
In presume that being with all this hot baking weather the wicket will take spin in the final day or so.

Another run out between Umeed and Westwood?!

Worrying
I just can't even...

ARI Umeed run out 7 (52m 38b 0x4 0x6) SR: 18.42
Opening partnership awful as ever. Who would have predicted that last season? Oh...everyone
(20-06-2017, 06:15 PM)Lilly Wrote: Opening partnership awful as ever. Who would have predicted that last season? Oh...everyone

That is two games in a row when chasing 500 plus we contrive to have one of our openers run out, unbelievable, do they learn nothing ........ I didn't see it but when there is no hurry why take any risks at all.

There is a long way to go yet before we make them bat again, I will keep the faith for now.
[-] The following 2 users Like South Coast Bear's post:
Malc, rednalbear
No way to win from here, so we have to bat for six more sessions to leave with a draw, and hopefully a few bonus points.
Umeed isn't up to it, Hamer was looking unplayable @times
(20-06-2017, 07:31 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Umeed isn't up to it, Hamer was looking unplayable @times
can only get worse then cant it

Strange, Jeets was looking unplayable day 1 before lunch, Essex commentator couldn't see them getting through the next session. How do we do this? Where is Ashley, Jim, our batting and bowling coaches. Why is game after game so utterly and completely predictable whether it be us batting, good start, collapse, bowlers bail us out or bowling, take a couple of early wickets opposition score 4/500.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rayb's post:
South Coast Bear
Trott gone already. Innings defeat guaranteed
Bell and Hain to the rescue,this could be the day Sam shows what he is capable of.
Here's hoping Pete
At the moment anything other than an innings defeat would be progress. Not this game though.
Long gone is the thought that this side might bounce back from Div 2.
At what stage should resignations at least be offered?
50 up for Sam