• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hampshire Away
Facing 500the skipper faces 2 balls & out for4
We are doomed sadly.

When does the T20 start?!  Biggrin
Paul fondled my onion bags.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lilly's post:
Bald Reynard, Warleybear
Just shortly before we're knocked out probably.
I wasn't online early. What's happened to Trotty?
Without some real guts over the next two days this is reaching resignation stage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes exiledinkent's post:
Bald Reynard
Scoreboard pressure, fragile batting. Recipe for disaster.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes coolerking's post:
Bald Reynard
Absolute car crash of a team !! Pathetic is too polite a word !!
[-] The following 1 user Likes braddy's post:
Bald Reynard
5 down now. Just throw in the towel already.
Follow on coming right up!
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
49-6 at close. I suggest they all go and have a few drinks tonight, then wake up ready to fight tomorrow. Dwelling on the performance in the dressing room will do no good.
The time for fighting has sadly passed.
We need to accelerate the turnover of older players and give as much game time to as many youngsters as possible.

We are going down without a doubt so why not embrace the change and see if the younger players can step up.

Heads should roll for 3 years of mismanagement both on and off the pitch.
Attended both days of this game, first day started well and we stuck at it all day, fielded exceptionally well. The attack after the first half an hour lacked any penetration and we NEVER looked like getting either Adams or Ervine out, kept it tight though. most of the day.

Same pattern second day rarely looking like breaking the partnership, although when we finally did Singh deserved his figures for a marathon tight ish spell.

Then we batted and were a complete shambles on the same strip they got 515, run out chasing 500 plus !! and the rest were just clueless, sitting with four Hampshire friends I suffered a two hour complete embarrassment I hope the players were equally embarrassed and make some attempt to put things right in the second innings, but I fear the damage is done.

Having said that we are promised a full day of rain in these parts on Monday, so need to ensure we get that far by batting all day and who knows we may be saved.

It does not alter the facts that this season we have been an embarrassing shambles from day one, questions need to be asked and answers given ........... I will drag myself back tomorrow, God knows why, but I am a long term Bear (57 years). Member until I retired and cannot keep away.

I do not apologise for the repeating of the words "shambles" and "embarrassment", to sum up I am fuming.
[-] The following 3 users Like South Coast Bear's post:
coolerking, Harborne Bear, Warleybear
49 for 6 - Division 2 here we come !  I'd say us and Somerset are certs for relegation - the only question is, who will finish bottom ?!
OMG how did that happen? I really thought we'd done well to get them all out for 500. I left a few overs into our innings with everything looking fine, Umeed and Westwood having no more trouble than Adams and Ervine, then I get home to find this. How? How?
I too have had the journey home from Southampton to ponder what I've watched today. I'm shell shocked. Some thoughts:

Where's Trotty?
I thought Sunny bowled really well.
Umeed must be the worst thrower of a cricket ball in modern history.
Is Bell a captain?
Why was Umeed brought on to bowl at the tailenders?
I thought we bowled quite well.
Was the bottle carrier Olly Stone? Is he nearly fit?
I've never seen such a batting capitulation. Astonishing.
(03-06-2017, 06:23 PM)philly Wrote: 49-6 at close.  I suggest they all go and have a few drinks tonight, then wake up ready to fight tomorrow.  Dwelling on the performance in the dressing room will do no good.

When you say have a few drinks does that include us supporters who bothered to turn up?
"You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative

Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between"

OK, so Sunny Singh deserved his six wickets.  He has really good control of line and length.  Doesn't flight it much and (on that pitch) didn't get much turn.  But he looks to be a great prospect at age 21.
A couple of mis-fields apart, the team held it together pretty well in the field.
The weather was ideal for cricket.  I enjoyed my Indian takeaway lunch and ......

OK, I can't keep it up any longer.  Aside from the above, it was pretty disastrous. 
What on earth has happened to Sam Hain's backlift.  It's like a number 11 bus, doing a circle starting by travelling towards backward point.  From there, the bat can't come down straight. 
Where was Trotty?  I don't know.  It may be coincidence that I heard someone before play began ask him if they could speak to him at the close and he said "I may not be here".  Make of that what you will.
I would go back tomorrow but it's a long journey and I need to cut my toenails.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like Terry's post:
Harborne Bear, Paul, Warleybear
Top post Terry.... sums up how we all feel and even made me smile.

I have nothing to add.... just very disapointing.
(03-06-2017, 06:54 PM)South Coast Bear Wrote: Attended both days of this game, first day started well and we stuck at it all day, fielded exceptionally well. The attack after the first half an hour lacked any penetration and we NEVER looked like getting either Adams or Ervine out, kept it tight though. most of the day.

Same pattern second day rarely looking like breaking the partnership, although when we finally did Singh deserved his figures for a marathon tight ish spell.

Then we batted and were a complete shambles on the same strip they got 515, run out chasing 500 plus !! and the rest were just clueless, sitting with four Hampshire friends I suffered a two hour complete embarrassment I hope the players were equally embarrassed and make some attempt to put things right in the second innings, but I fear the damage is done.

Having said that we are promised a full day of rain in these parts on Monday, so need to ensure we get that far by batting all day and who knows we may be saved.

It does not alter the facts that this season we have been an embarrassing shambles from day one, questions need to be asked and answers given ........... I will drag myself back tomorrow, God knows why, but I am a long term Bear (57 years). Member until I retired and cannot keep away.

I do not apologise for the repeating of the words "shambles" and "embarrassment", to sum up I am fuming.

Good on you, you attend the games, too many on here voice an opinion & never go, I too have been here since ball 1&will see it through to the bitter end & will be@Chelmsford on the 19th, follow the bears through thick and thin