Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portland Road
I'm thinking of going to watch the 2nd XI for a day this week. Can anyone tell me what accommodation for spectators and facilities are like at Portland Road please?
I can't help; but I expect others will be interested in your thoughts after you've been.
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Facilities are similar to an average club ground.
There is a small amount of seating, but it's advisable to take your own.
There's adequate car parking.
The ground doesn't have any catering or bar facilities for spectators, so most spectators take their own food, or use the shops a few minutes drive away.
While Robert may be dead, Robert was not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Thanks for the reply. I thought there might be a bit more there given the number of games played there by the Seconds and the Women's team.
TGMs description is a good one. A basic ground with facilities that are suitable for second XI type attendances with local facilities not too far away. You can feel the history there and its good to have a ground back in circulation.

With the benefits of being around five miles from Edgbaston for the extra ground staff etc., I fully expect it to see first class action again when HQ out of use for the club due to other events etc.
I dare say it will be used for the 50 over competition which will "shadow" the new T20 from 2020.
I want it noted that I didnt say that :-)

..... Although I think by 2020 there will only be two formats .... four day and T20.
(21-05-2017, 10:11 AM)The Red Baron Wrote: I'm thinking of going to watch the 2nd XI for a day this week. Can anyone tell me what accommodation for spectators and facilities are like at Portland Road please?

Very poor, awful ground
(21-05-2017, 03:30 PM)Warleybear Wrote: I want it noted that I didnt say that :-)

..... Although I think by 2020 there will only be two formats .... four day and T20.

No chance, while the wc & icc, trophy have50over formats it will remain in the domestic calendar, you really are an idiot
(22-05-2017, 12:28 AM)narsty simon Wrote:
(21-05-2017, 03:30 PM)Warleybear Wrote: I want it noted that I didnt say that :-)

No chance, while the wc & icc, trophy have50over formats it will remain in the domestic calendar, you really are an idiot

Thats a very unpleasent post. My view is that dometic cricket will at some point in the future concentrate on two formats.... red ball and T20.

You are entitled to your view regarding the requirement to play 50 over cricket.... who knows which direction the game will go. There have been times when domestic 50 over cricket hasnt been played in this country....

I will say that to describe someone as an idiot for expressing a fair view sadly suggests that you are a bully.
It was the writer Aldous Huxley who said something like "I've been concerned with humanity all my life so it's a bit embarrassing that at the end of it, the best advice I can offer is, be a little kinder to each other.'
It seems especially appropriate today
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
The Good Mugabe
(22-05-2017, 11:07 PM)Warleybear Wrote:
(22-05-2017, 12:28 AM)narsty simon Wrote:

Thats a very unpleasent post. My view is that dometic cricket will at some point in the future concentrate on two formats.... red ball and T20.

You are entitled to your view regarding the requirement to play 50 over cricket.... who knows which direction the game will go. There have been times when domestic 50 over cricket hasnt been played in this country....

I will say that to describe someone as an idiot for expressing a fair view sadly suggests that you are a bully.

I would suggest that your continual disparaging comments about3 1st class counties is also a form of bullying
....and some fell on stony ground!
[-] The following 2 users Like Terry's post:
The Good Mugabe, Warleybear
I hope Red Baron had an enjoyable day at Portland Road.
He'd have seen centuries by Liam Banks & Matt Lamb, as well as 94 from Alex Mellow & an unbeaten. 90, at time of writing, from Aaron Thomason.

Overall a very good days cricket.
While Robert may be dead, Robert was not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Development plans:
https://warwickshireccc.com/news/warwick...velopment/