Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset at Taunton
What a shame all that rain has probably stopped us getting a win here. Best day of the season so far
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
narsty simon
Trott = Legend. Fact. So good to see him acknowledge his ton by kissing the cap badge. Often a bit of an empty gesture but, given what has gone before this season, this time it was one that fans and team mates can both appreciate. And three sizes. In a Jonathan Trott innings. Wow!

Interesting to watch Jack Leach today. He seemed to be bowling slower and with more flight (which did for Hain) than last year. He looks a better bowler for it but whether that will produce wickets is another matter.

The pitch looks pretty flat but that doesn't mean we can't do something here. There will be over 100 overs due tomorrow and with Ronnie already digging a hole for Jeetan to play with there could still be a result.
[-] The following 2 users Like GrizzlyBear's post:
Harborne Bear, Leicester Exile
Indeed .... the art of positive thinking..... :-)
(21-05-2017, 06:56 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Trott = Legend. Fact. So good to see him acknowledge his ton by kissing the cap badge. Often a bit of an empty gesture but, given what has gone before this season, this time it was one that fans and team mates can both appreciate. And three sizes. In a Jonathan Trott innings. Wow!

Interesting to watch Jack Leach today. He seemed to be bowling slower and with more flight (which did for Hain) than last year. He looks a better bowler for it but whether that will produce wickets is another matter.

The pitch looks pretty flat but that doesn't mean we can't do something here. There will be over 100 overs due tomorrow and with Ronnie already digging a hole for Jeetan to play with there could still be a result.

Fingers crossed for a remarkable win, whatever the final outcome a much improved performance
Superb day yesterday, and nice to see Trotty back in the runs, Hain at least making a start which has been lacking thus far, Tim and Rikki also chipping in with valuable runs.

Would be nice to see us push home a win today, but 26 wickets in one day is going to be a mammoth task. Thornton is proving to be somewhat of a gem, not least because it means OHD is no longer playing which was much needed, but good to see him chipping in with wickets. Not a youngster at 24, but if he can find consistency then he will make a great addition to a bowling attack that needed reinvigorating.

COYB.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
96overs only
Looks like Somerset have dropped anchor after this mornings 5th wicket.
Blimey, 5 down when I went down to see a client, all out half an hour later.

COYB push for that win.

Great figures from Thornton.
2/1 Singh strikes
Good effort today. There was not a lot of help from the pitch but some positive cricket made it interesting for a while. Clarke bowled with good pace and fire. Thornton and Singh didn't look out of place at all. Bell was creative with his bowling changes (giving Singh the new ball, for example). The team looked happy and up for it, which hasn't always been the case of late.

I would be happy to see the same team selected for the next game. Perhaps Singh would give way if one of the senior seam bowlers is fit again, given that the Rose Bowl isn't famous for its spin friendliness but otherwise let's stick with a group that looked very positive today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
rednalbear
Yes definitely positive signs for the first time this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Warleybear
(22-05-2017, 06:14 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Good effort today. There was not a lot of help from the pitch but some positive cricket made it interesting for a while. Clarke bowled with good pace and fire. Thornton and Singh didn't look out of place at all. Bell was creative with his bowling changes (giving Singh the new ball, for example). The team looked happy and up for it, which hasn't always been the case of late.

I would be happy to see the same team selected for the next game. Perhaps Singh would give way if one of the senior seam bowlers is fit again, given that the Rose Bowl isn't famous for its spin friendliness but otherwise let's stick with a group that looked very positive today.

Boyd Rankin won't be far short of full fitness for the next CC game (2 weeks).  He's playing for the Seconds against Derby at the moment - and has bowled 8 overs, taking 2 for 22 - not bad on a return from a longish injury layoff.  I'd have him back like a shot - WHEN FIT (!) he's a very effective bowler (even though he is getting on a bit now).
A big improvement and let us hope we see the same Hampshire effort that they showed v Essex yesterday. Good to see a youngster get in on the wickets for us but why didn't Thornton bowl more if you consider his 2 strikes on Sunday before the close.
Thornton came on in the morning, bowled two balls then went off, seemingly having a problem with his boot or the foot that was in it. He came back again but wasn't allowed to bowl until he had been back on the field for as long as he had been off.

Interesting bowler. Apart from the windmill action, he doesn't seem to get as much bounce as the other quicks. Maybe he will surprise people with shooters.
I have been to the game, although i did come back at lunch time today when it became obvious we could not win. I feel as though we as fans can look forward to better times ahead with this performance runs for Clarke Trott, and Ambrose. Umeed looked solid up untill he got out, no disgrace when he was bowled looked a really good ball, and Hain looked a bit better as well. Promising championship debuts from Thornton, and Singh. After this match i feel more confident we can escape the drop. The only downside was the weather possibly preventing us from winning this game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rednalbear's post:
Warleybear
Thanks rednallbear/Grizzlybear for clearing that up. Good that we had the confidence to play 2 debutants. Sometimes a side can take a while to start finding their best form and I do hope that this is the case with us and that we do start to win. I think the weather did us no favours and Somerset are not as good as their 2nd spot last year. They had a few turners and caught Yorkshire out at the end of the season when their form dropped but now I think they realise that a good season one year does not mean the same the following year.
Championship batting and bowling averages
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/county-cha...tournament
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
There was a moment today when I thought the impossible was possible.... and thats a positive to take into the next game. Lets hope we can start to get that wining habit....
That's a habit I already have.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/