Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derbyshire RL Cup
The squad has been announced for the game at Derby:-

https://warwickshireccc.com/news/preview...-cup-2017/

Adair returns the squad - I thought he might, he wasn't in the Seconds team against Yorkshire.  I hope he plays in place of OHD - but of course he won't !

It's only pride at stake now though of course - and their chance to get / keep a place in the team for future games (and attain or maintain a reputation) !
I know I keep banging on about Westwood being picked ,is it in his contract he cannot play white ball cricket .
Didn't play for 2nds in one day game Monday ,has been nowhere near first team one day squad ,but he his on fire at mo .
Another century today !!
(09-05-2017, 08:05 PM)Richardparker Wrote: I know I keep banging on about Westwood being picked ,is it in his contract he cannot play white ball cricket .
Didn't play for 2nds in one day game Monday ,has been nowhere near first team one day squad ,but he his on fire at mo .
Another century today !!

Against Sidebottom, Brooks and Patterson too. Makes it all the more of an achievement
Paul fondled my onion bags.
He can hardly do worse and at least Trott, Bell and Ambrose (Too much criticism) could move down 1 and spread the batting and make it look a little less top-heavy. Also, the speed in which he scored that ton v Surrey suggests he is not short on confidence.
Westwood in the one day team? If we are really that desperate it just sums up what a poor side we have become.There must be someone else we can try surely.
Who ?
Warwickshire
Derbyshire
Derbyshire won the toss and elected to field
Current time 10:42 local, 09:42 GMT | Match begins in: 0:18
Derbyshire Team
BA Godleman*, BT Slater, SJ Thakor, WL Madsen, AL Hughes, BMAJ Mendis, D Smit†, MJJ Critchley, GC Viljoen, AP Palladino, BD Cotton
Warwickshire Team
IJL Trott, SR Hain, IR Bell*, TR Ambrose†, MR Adair, R Clarke, AD Thomason, A Javid, KHD Barker, JS Patel, JE Poysden
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Five under-thirties!  One more for a majority - bring back OHD.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
COME ON YOU YOUNG-ISH BEARS!!
Live event 6 today

Also on 1116AM so you can listen on a radio if in the Radio Derby area.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(10-05-2017, 11:17 AM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Live event 6 today

I love it when you talk in code to me
May I suggest you read the thread concerning live commentaries, it explains about the BBC Live event numbers and how they are used by the tunein radio app 7 other audio apps.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(10-05-2017, 11:25 AM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: May I suggest you read the thread concerning live commentaries, it explains about the BBC Live event numbers and how they are used by the tunein radio app 7 other audio apps.

Roger that, Grey Squirrel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Leicester Exile
(10-05-2017, 10:00 AM)Richardparker Wrote: Who ?

Anyone who has the potential to average better than 22.95 after 60 matches.
Granted.But he's in form and must be seeing the ball like a football and not a great deal of potential coming through at moment .Yes ,it's a quick fix ,but we are in danger of finishing bottom of group .
(09-05-2017, 04:42 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: The squad has been announced for the game at Derby:-

https://warwickshireccc.com/news/preview...-cup-2017/

Adair returns the squad - I thought he might, he wasn't in the Seconds team against Yorkshire.  I hope he plays in place of OHD - but of course he won't !

It's only pride at stake now though of course - and their chance to get / keep a place in the team for future games (and attain or maintain a reputation) !

Blimey - OHD IS dropped, Adair is in - and they're playing 3 spinners !  Perhaps the 'higher-ups' ARE listening to us on Bearsfans !  Only need to bring Westie in to the One Day teams - and we've got the lot !
[-] The following 2 users Like Bald Reynard's post:
Leicester Exile, Richardparker
Another century for Sam. Well done young man.

Takes him 4th on the list of runs scored in the RL Cup this season thus far. Average of 88.5
Three quick wickets have derailed us here.
Sam has now scored just over 1,000 list A runs in just 20 games.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(10-05-2017, 02:14 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Sam has now scored just over 1,000 list A runs in just 20 games.

Yes, he is excelling in white ball cricket. My hope is that he can recapture similar form with the red ball and go on to fulfil the bags of potential he has