Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scorecards and shop website
I know this post could really be placed anywhere on the forum, but.....

Scorecards have recently become sheets of A4 paper at Edgbaston showing nothing but the 2 teams, umpires etc. One side of the sheet remaining totally blank. In the current climate I wonder why we don't do as the majority of other clubs do and look for sponsorship. Several clubs turn the scorecards into information sheets - next fixtures etc, comments on previous games between the clubs, general club news).

Also, does anyone know why the club shop website has been left to decline to an embarrassing level, with no link from the official Edgbaston site?

Sad really.
Re:scorecards, how do you know the club hasn't tried to get sponsorship, other clubs put more details on their sheets & also charge for them, I also doubt other clubs have as many ungrateful whingers as we do
R
(06-05-2017, 04:07 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Re:scorecards, how do you know the club hasn't tried to get sponsorship, other clubs put more details on their sheets & also charge for them, I also doubt other clubs have as many ungrateful whingers as we do

Bit aggressive? I'm just asking questions. Or aren't I allowed to?
Ask the appropriate people
(06-05-2017, 06:21 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Ask the appropriate people

I asked 2 questions which you don't know the answer to, so why did you even respond? I thought the 'appropriate people' on here might know the answers.

Maybe if you don't know the answers you should just view rather than respond. Thanks for your help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Malc's post:
Leicester Exile
Simon you seem to be having a pop at anyone who dares to criticise the way the club is run. I'll bear it in mind next time you comment on the football club you never go to watch !
LE - aka John
Why is everyone on here either a whingeing Bear or a bitter and twisted blue nose
Why are YOU always whingeing and appearing to be bitter and twisted ?
LE - aka John
Play nice chaps, it's bad enough with all that is currently going on with the club let alone us tearing shreds out of each other.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
narsty simon
The online club shop at least it's being left to die on purpose. Last April I contacted the club regarding this and they said they were hoping for an exciting new online club shop soon, as you will notice there are no links to the club shop on the website anywhere.

Fast forward to this April, I contacted the same person at the club again to ask why nothing had changed in a year. They said they're hoping to have it done soon, and it is in partnership with Ticketmaster, the same people who currently provide services for membership and ticket purchase.

I understand completely wanting to improve and update but more than a year is pretty awful to be still working on this.
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bloomy's post:
Warleybear
I agree entirely with you Malc.
Why is it so much trouble to put fixtures ,club news ,shop offers and playing conditions on back of scorecard .No we are not whinging as somebody suggests just giving an opinion .
I,like hopefully the rest us love cricket and the club and are sometimes saddened to see our history of Warwickshire C.C.C thrown into bin and the brand Egbaston shooting up everywhere .
Around the ground there are no W.C.C.C signs ,to a stranger looking in he would think the side playing on the pitch is called Edgbaston .
Also about the shop most items have Edgbaston splashed all over it eve,even team and player photos are not sold anymore .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Richardparker's post:
Leicester Exile
As someone who has not been able to get to WCCC for a couple of seasons I find Richard's observations so sad. As in all walks of life knowing the history is so important.
LE - aka John