Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RL Cup @ Notts May 5th
(05-05-2017, 08:18 PM)paulbear Wrote: As if losing wasn't bad enough, I had to endure a Notts buffoon at the end of the game who despite not saying a great deal most of the time, took it upon himself to bravely say to 2 seniors who decided to leave early, "Not very graceful to leave early when you team is losing...". Doubt he would have said that to a young bloke who looked like he could 'Handle himself' and then started on anyone else who had the nerve to say something back to him including me. I can handle losing but not when it's then rubbed in your face but an idiot who has probably had 'A few too many' and thinks he's a bit of a character. Quite a few people including me told him to **** off which is the least he deserved. I don't remember too much of this in the past but it certainly happens much too often now where an away 'Supporter' is happy to come to a ground but thinks he can enjoy the day more by just having a go and winding-up a few home supporters even if they are probably 70+ like the 2 who left early. Very noble and brave.

T20 morons
When I saw the team sheet for today's game I thought we were in for a dreadful spanking. I like Tim Ambrose, he's a good keeper and a capable middle order batsman but if he is the fourth best batsman we've got then we'll struggle to give anyone a game. Likewise with the bowling: for some reason (presumably fitness related) Rikki Clarke always bowls out early so our death bowlers could only be Barker and OHD. If one of them has a mare there's no options for the captain. To summarise, it was a very weak side that did well to make a game of it.
I'm wondering what else we've got. Westwood and Wright would strengthen the team if they're fit but there's little more in reserve. It's very disappointing to see how threadbare the squad has become.
But why is Javid never considered - is he out of favour?
LE - aka John
(05-05-2017, 08:42 PM)narsty simon Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 08:18 PM)paulbear Wrote: As if losing wasn't bad enough, I had to endure a Notts buffoon at the end of the game who despite not saying a great deal most of the time, took it upon himself to bravely say to 2 seniors who decided to leave early, "Not very graceful to leave early when you team is losing...". Doubt he would have said that to a young bloke who looked like he could 'Handle himself' and then started on anyone else who had the nerve to say something back to him including me. I can handle losing but not when it's then rubbed in your face but an idiot who has probably had 'A few too many' and thinks he's a bit of a character. Quite a few people including me told him to **** off which is the least he deserved. I don't remember too much of this in the past but it certainly happens much too often now where an away 'Supporter' is happy to come to a ground but thinks he can enjoy the day more by just having a go and winding-up a few home supporters even if they are probably 70+ like the 2 who left early. Very noble and brave.

T20 morons

If all else fails... blame it on T20 with a nasty dig.... and there was me thinking that T20 supporters werent intrested in the 50 over and four day game let alone driving 100 miles return to watch one....
Message to Giles and Bell

Why didn't Westwood open ( in form ).
Ambrose at 4 ( gotta be joking )
Clarke at 5 ( gotta be joking )
Lamb ( no where near good enough yet )
Main spearhead bowlers
Clarke ,Barker and OHD ,they were once again shocking .Change them quick
Thomasson ( one over ,Why..)
Are we going to get players in because cannot see us winning a game in any comp .
Players warm up before and during innings break always looks laboured and uninteresting ( to the players ) .
On field we must be quietest team in league .
Constant changing of field positions ( Lamb must have fielded in every position yesterday )

Please improve or 2nd Div cricket awaits
Also ,why I am my soap box .
We are Warwickshire County Cricket Club or Birmingham Bears not f......Edgbaston so why is that in big letters on my membership and all around ground .
By the way ,that's to Mr Snowball ...
[-] The following 3 users Like Richardparker's post:
Leicester Exile, Malc, paulbear
Richardparker - You are so right about what you said and I am very much in agreement with the last bit. I talk (Or go on about it depending on whether or not you care) about this so often, I think I might bore myself but it is a matter of principal and I sent a letter to Neil Snowball complaining that the ACTUAL NAME OF THE CLUB is not right in your face as soon as you see the front of the ground. It is not his fault as he has only just arrived and I also mentioned 'The Bear and Ragged Staff' emblem. He did reply and said it would be discussed and all this was sent to me in a nice official letterhead WITH THE WORD 'EDGBASTON' PRINTED IN BIG LETTERS RIGHT AT THE TOP AND NOWHERE DID IT SAY WARWICKSHIRE COUNTY CRICKET CLUB. People might think this is trivial and that we have better things to think about at this dreadful time that we are having form-wise but it can't hurt to actually see our name and if we are referred to as 'Bears', let us have a proper emblem and not that monstrosity we see in the club shop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulbear's post:
rednalbear
(06-05-2017, 02:38 PM)Richardparker Wrote: Message to Giles and Bell

Main spearhead bowlers
Are we going to get players in because cannot see us winning a game in any comp .
Players warm up before and during innings break always looks laboured and uninteresting ( to the players ) .
Constant changing of field positions ( Lamb must have fielded in every position yesterday )

We are Warwickshire County Cricket Club or Birmingham Bears not f......Edgbaston so why is that in big letters on my membership and all around ground .
If it's to Mr. Snowball then why put it on here?
(06-05-2017, 03:53 PM)narsty simon Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 02:38 PM)Richardparker Wrote: Message to Giles and Bell

Main spearhead bowlers

If it's to Mr. Snowball then why put it on here?

Maybe he doesn't know his email address. Is this your website or can we all play? Why the aggression?
Don't understand the moaning & groaning membership is optional not compulsory if you think it's poor vfm you shouldn't have renewed
If you are a MEMBER of a club surely you have a right to criticise and to express your concern at where you disagree with the direction the club is taking. I thought Richard raises some very good points about what is happening on the field of play. And I do think the re-branding of Warwickshire County Cricket Club as simply Edgbaston a dreadful disregard of the history and tradition of a long established club.
LE - aka John
[-] The following 2 users Like Leicester Exile's post:
rednalbear, Richardparker
The 'Edgbaston' re-brand wouldn't be such an issue if we were winning. In business terms, WCCC doesn't pay the bills of the third biggest cricket ground in the UK, and the biggest debt within the county game. Birmingham Bears and 'Edgbaston' at least attempts to pay the bills we've created for ourselves. This is just reality, like it or not. The simple facts are that in this day and age members don't pay the bills like they used to.

Back to the cricket, a must win today to stay in the competition. Lancs already out losing 3 from 3. Would get Westy in there, and Javid also. Thomason I like the look of. He is our only bowler along with Poysden on the rise. If we could play 13 we might have a chance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grasscutter's post:
Warleybear