Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leicestershire Seconds
Even our Seconds are getting stuffed by Leicester.  We were 234 all out in our First Innings, they are 115 for 0 off 22 overs.  Only Westwood (again !) got a decent score for us (77).   

Newly contracted Thornton and Spencer are not getting much joy as an opening pair.  One bright spot though, is Mark Adair is back bowling (first change).
Leicester now 1 wicket down - Panayi got Swindells.
TCS link

http://www.totalcricketscorer.com/TCSLiv...x?id=56095
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
(03-05-2017, 05:38 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: Leicester now 1 wicket down - Panayi got Swindells.

Leicester finished the day on 171 for 1 - with Horton 117 NO !  What are the odds on them getting 400+ and bowling us out second time for 150 ?!

I'm not normally a pessimist, but events at the start of this season (and last !) seem to bring it on !
I see a K Khan (I don't know him) has been drafted into the Seconds game this morning - and already bowled 3 overs.  I don't know whether he's in for an injury - or been brought in to replace a player moving into the First Team squad, for tomorrows 50 over game.  My bet is it's the latter.  Porterfield will be playing for Ireland against England tomorrow, so we're short of an opener.  I would like Westwood to come in - I never know why he doesn't get a LO game - he's always done OK.  If it's not him moving from the Seconds game, I would guess it's another batsman - Umeed, Mellor, Lamb or Banks - though Khan is obviously a bowler.  Funny, but when the Seconds squad was announced, H D Johnson (any relation to Richard ?) was listed as a wicket keeper (though Mellor kept wicket yesterday) - I wonder whether he is a keeper (I don't know him) and has been brought in as cover for Mellor - who will move to the Firsts to open tomorrow ?
(04-05-2017, 11:13 AM)Bald Reynard Wrote: I see a K Khan (I don't know him) has been drafted into the Seconds game this morning - and already bowled 3 overs.  I don't know whether he's in for an injury - or been brought in to replace a player moving into the First Team squad, for tomorrows 50 over game.  My bet is it's the latter.  Porterfield will be playing for Ireland against England tomorrow, so we're short of an opener.  I would like Westwood to come in - I never know why he doesn't get a LO game - he's always done OK.  If it's not him moving from the Seconds game, I would guess it's another batsman - Umeed, Mellor, Lamb or Banks - though Khan is obviously a bowler.  Funny, but when the Seconds squad was announced, H D Johnson (any relation to Richard ?) was listed as a wicket keeper (though Mellor kept wicket yesterday) - I wonder whether he is a keeper (I don't know him) and has been brought in as cover for Mellor - who will move to the Firsts to open tomorrow ?

It won't be Lamb - he's bowled this morning.  Adair has got his first wicket since return from injury - Leicester now 212 for 2 (Horton 136 NO)
(04-05-2017, 11:13 AM)Bald Reynard Wrote: I see a K Khan (I don't know him) has been drafted into the Seconds game this morning - and already bowled 3 overs.  I don't know whether he's in for an injury - or been brought in to replace a player moving into the First Team squad, for tomorrows 50 over game.  My bet is it's the latter.  Porterfield will be playing for Ireland against England tomorrow, so we're short of an opener.  I would like Westwood to come in - I never know why he doesn't get a LO game - he's always done OK.  If it's not him moving from the Seconds game, I would guess it's another batsman - Umeed, Mellor, Lamb or Banks - though Khan is obviously a bowler.  Funny, but when the Seconds squad was announced, H D Johnson (any relation to Richard ?) was listed as a wicket keeper (though Mellor kept wicket yesterday) - I wonder whether he is a keeper (I don't know him) and has been brought in as cover for Mellor - who will move to the Firsts to open tomorrow ?

Mellor's still playing for the Seconds (he's taken a catch today), so it looks like he won't be promoted in place of Porterfield.  Umeed is still Captaining - so Westwood could be in ?
(03-05-2017, 10:42 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote:
(03-05-2017, 05:38 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote: Leicester now 1 wicket down - Panayi got Swindells.

Leicester finished the day on 171 for 1 - with Horton 117 NO !  What are the odds on them getting 400+ and bowling us out second time for 150 ?!

I'm not normally a pessimist, but events at the start of this season (and last !) seem to bring it on !

Leicester now 467 for 7 - Horton 253 NO !  So my prediction of 400+ for them is already right.  I wonder if the prediction of us being 150 all out in the Second Innings will come to pass ?!
HJohnson is a keeper from the U17 squad.

K Khan was an original selection for this game, as the non batting 12th player. SEC games allow teams to have 12 players involved, one is not allowed to bat.

As tomorrows game is at Trent Bridge, the side will probably travel there in the morning, so there's no real need to withdraw a player from the 2nd team game today.

Hopefully whoever is given a first team chance tomorrow succeeds.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Leicester declared on 495 for 9 - Horton 277 NO.  We need 261 to avoid an(other) Innings defeat !  A Horton-like Innings from Westie / A N Other is required !
(04-05-2017, 05:25 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: HJohnson is a keeper from the U17 squad.

K Khan was an original selection for this game, as the non batting 12th player. SEC games allow teams to have 12 players involved, one is not allowed to bat.

As tomorrows game is at Trent Bridge, the side will probably travel there in the morning, so there's no real need to withdraw a player from the 2nd team game today.

Thanks for the clarification GM. 

IS H D Johnson related to Richard - it's a bit of a coincidence they're both Warwickshire wicketkeeping Johnson's ?!
I'd say it was unlikely. Richard didn't have any younger siblings.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(04-05-2017, 11:13 AM)Bald Reynard Wrote: I see a K Khan (I don't know him) has been drafted into the Seconds game this morning - and already bowled 3 overs.  I don't know whether he's in for an injury - or been brought in to replace a player moving into the First Team squad, for tomorrows 50 over game.  My bet is it's the latter.  Porterfield will be playing for Ireland against England tomorrow, so we're short of an batsman.  I would like Westwood to come in - I never know why he doesn't get a LO game - he's always done OK.  If it's not him moving from the Seconds game, I would guess it's another batsman - Umeed, Mellor, Lamb or Banks - though Khan is obviously a bowler.  Funny, but when the Seconds squad was announced, H D Johnson (any relation to Richard ?) was listed as a wicket keeper (though Mellor kept wicket yesterday) - I wonder whether he is a keeper (I don't know him) and has been brought in as cover for Mellor - who will move to the Firsts to open tomorrow ?

Matt Lamb in the squad against Notts then.  I guess it's more likely that Ateeq will actually play - though Jim and Ash seem not to want to play him in the 50 over this season.
(04-05-2017, 05:51 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote:
(04-05-2017, 05:25 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: HJohnson is a keeper from the U17 squad.

Thanks for the clarification GM. 

IS H D Johnson related to Richard - it's a bit of a coincidence they're both Warwickshire wicketkeeping Johnson's ?!

OK thanks GM, I expect you're right - Johnson is a common name.

Is Richard still at Edgbaston - I think he came back a couple of years ago as a Fitness Coach ?
I think Richard emigrated to Australia not long after he returned to Warwickshire.
There are GOOD Mugabe's

Tomorrows game is(@Edgbaston Mr. Davies!
(04-05-2017, 05:04 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote:
(03-05-2017, 10:42 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote:

Leicester now 467 for 7 - Horton 253 NO !  So my prediction of 400+ for them is already right.  I wonder if the prediction of us being 150 all out in the Second Innings will come to pass ?!

We're 109 for 0 at the close (with Westie past 50).  I'm very happy that my 150 prediction is LIKELY (?) to be well exceeded !