Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leicestershire
Which team will turn up today?
Leicestershire Team
ML Pettini, CS Delport, MJ Cosgrove, EJH Eckersley*, LJ Hill†, AM Ali, TJ Wells, ZJ Chappell, JS Sykes, D Klein, GT Griffiths
Warwickshire Team
WTS Porterfield, SR Hain, IJL Trott, IR Bell*, TR Ambrose†, R Clarke, AD Thomason, JS Patel, KHD Barker, JE Poysden, OJ Hannon-Dalby
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Pleased to see Josh Poysden getting a game.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Just the 10 an over RR for Leics I see.

Ashley has his hands full in all formats this season just to compete.

Can see a very poor campaign on the cards.
Leics 61 for 0 off the first 6 overs. You do wonder exactly what is said in the dressing room before they take the field. "Keep it tight, bowl good areas, and whatever you do don't let them get off to a flyer."
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
My word they have started off quickly! Strike Rates of over 150 after 6 overs.
To give them their due, the bowlers have clawed it back a bit in the last five overs.
Well if the rule of thumb, i.e. double the score after 30 overs, applies then we're... struggling.
(02-05-2017, 04:02 PM)coolerking Wrote: Well if the rule of thumb, i.e. double the score after 30 overs, applies then we're... struggling.

I see nothing but a second hiding in two days in store
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Don't forget that Leicester is a small ground so 300 is probably par...or am I just clutching at straws?
Proud to be a Bear
In the game at Grace Road on Sunday Worcestershire scored 361 and Leicestershire replied with 317 so the pitches being used by Leicestershire for these 50 over games are obviously good for batting and posting high scores.

Bears will need a positive start in the first Powerplay, without losing early wickets, in order to have a chance of chasing a target of well over 300.
Terrible fielding today, 4 decent chances of run outs and none of them taken. Also Clarke dropped a slip chance in the first over which is unlike him.

Our batting has been an issue for a while but our bowling has been dreadful this season.
(02-05-2017, 04:33 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: Don't forget that Leicester is a small ground so 300 is probably par...or am I just clutching at straws?

I think you will find Grace Road is probably one of the biggest in the world. However, that does create lots of spaces for scoring 4s (he says clutching at straws)

This is the team WB reckons should be relegated to Minor County status
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
narsty simon
Now we've got two players at the crease who are currently scoring their highest list A scores, marvellous.
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes Exiled Bear's post:
philly
Rolleyes 
(02-05-2017, 05:02 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: Now we've got two players at the crease who are currently scoring their highest list A scores, marvellous.

Was just about to post the same thing.

At least it's quite some time since a batsmen set a personal best against us.
This is painful to listen to.

It has an inevitable feel about it as well.
"Mark Pettini (159) has just made the highest List A score by a Leicestershire batsman against a first-class county. Many records broken." George Dobell Tweet.
The fact OHD is playing in every format is a massive concern for me. Has his place as a T20 bowler, but other than that he should be nowhere near the side...if we had anything better which, by now, we should have.

They are taking him apart here. Much like yesterday.
Bar Patel, they have all been taken apart.

Teams are starting to look at us and are calculating the winning points before a ball is bowled.
Barker flying through them. Better late than never.

Still an over of OHD to go sadly.