Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Surrey Edgbaston 21/4
An enjoyable days cricket today. The bowlers showed good perseverance to finish off the Surrey innings when it looked like the game was getting away from us, and our batsman showed some resolve, which is encouraging. Also great to see Bell getting back into some form and I really hope he goes on to get a century tomorrow. If we can get up to a lead of 150-200 we've got a decent chance. Chance of rain in the afternoon though which could curtail things early.
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes Exiled Bear's post:
narsty simon
Big day for us and our character today.

Need Bell to kick on and the likes of Ambrose and Clarke to give him the support they should be offering. Personally I would have Barker coming in before Clarke now as he has proven himself far more adept with the bat of late.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Bell out for 99. Gutting.
Oh Belly Sad
Proud to be a Bear
An excellent session. If the rain stays away we've now got a real chance of pushing on for a win - I think chasing anything greater than 200 will be challenging. If the way Batty has appeared unplayable is anything to go by then Patel should do well.
Proud to be a Bear
Certainly take that position at lunch, particularly with the positive scoring since they took the new ball.
Been raining for the last hour or so here is Walsall a bit further north.
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
I don't see much further play today with the rain around currently.

Take the draw to stop the rot and the positives into our next match to get back to winning ways hopefully.
Blimey, back out and playing. Rain has been set in, as Bloomy said, in Walsall for a few hours now, would have thought it would have headed across to Edgbaston by now
Edging closer to survival ... fingers crossed and rain dance ... take the draw and move on :-)
(24-04-2017, 02:32 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Edging closer to survival ... fingers crossed and rain dance ... take the draw and move on :-)

Two wickets since you posted that  Cry
One of those fascinating passages of play where staying in is key but runs effectively count double as time is a factor. Love it.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
I've been keeping an eye on the rainfall radar today and I'm amazed it hasn't rained more. Earlier on there was rain to the north and to the south and it all somehow avoided us, and this afternoon the showers were on their way and then they parted and dispersed just before they got to us! Maybe the gods are turning in our favour?
Proud to be a Bear
We've got to be thinking about a declaration soon surely? 38 overs left now and the lead is 235, that would need them to go at 6.5 an over to win.
Proud to be a Bear
No chance, we need the middle time and not Bell's way. With the change of innings also, we're not going to be running through them in ~32 overs. Would be looking an excellent game if there was another session of play in the match to come.
We need a win more than we need time in the middle! Don't forget that there's only 14 matches this season, and we've got a grand total of 3 points from the first 2, so we really need to take our chances to get a win on the board.
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes Exiled Bear's post:
narsty simon
(24-04-2017, 02:35 PM)Lilly Wrote:
(24-04-2017, 02:32 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Edging closer to survival ... fingers crossed and rain dance ... take the draw and move on :-)

Two wickets since you posted that  Cry

Indeed - a quick T20 and a bit knock from Surrey and we are in the $h1t£ 9898

Rain dance time.....   Confused
In the context of our season so far, a draw would be most welcome. Let's not give Surrey a sniff.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
Not sure about time in the middle being an issue as we are down to the tail, and we know Barker is in form already this season with the bat.

Delicate balance really, got to look to score positively though. Agree with EB that points for a draw are so minimal that we have to try and use every chance we get to nail a win if we are to stay up.
Surely we'll declare at tea? 30 overs left to bowl them out, they're not going to score at 9 an over on a fourth day pitch!
Proud to be a Bear