Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Surrey Edgbaston 21/4
332 all out with one man hitting 153 of them. That man being one who hasn't played thus far this season. I would say the other players did not heed Ashley's words in the week.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Paul
Agree re Clarke. He's got some serious work to do in the rest of this match otherwise it should be off to the stiffs.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
(22-04-2017, 11:54 AM)Lilly Wrote:
(22-04-2017, 11:45 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Look at it another way - we would have taken this score at 11am yesterday morning.

You can't look at it that way though. The opening partnership set us up, and the remainder have completely let us down again. 

Unless Clarke performs with the ball I would haul him straight out of the side. Offering absolutely nothing currently.
I am expecting nothing from Clarke or OHD. But then I expected little from Porterfield.
Can't disagree about Clarke and the others. I was just trying to put a positive spin on it to stop you all getting depressed :)
LE - aka John
If I say Surrey are looking ominous perhaps it will trigger a wicket or two!
Stoneman-Borthwick-Sangakkara is quite a trio. That's a brilliant bit of recruitment.
OHD to Sangakkara is a horrible mismatch.
Christ this is boring.
Well that worked!
Wow - look at our bonus points!!!!!!!
LE - aka John
We talk about having an ageing team but then a player who is pushing 40 is approaching a 100 against us.

If you are still a good player and are still hungry for runs, then you can still do it at 40+. Sanga is obviously still in a position to enjoy playing which is why he has come back for more county cricket. Oh! how I wish some of our batsmen looked like they want to get to the middle and 'Fill their boots'. We were a little wayward at times and again lots of edges from Surrey produced runs but our bowlers look as lost as our batsmen do and even Jeetan just seemed to be firing faster balls wide of off stump and looked clueless. It was a better day for batting today but when we have our second innings tomorrow, hands up who thinks the pitch will look different.
Difficult to see beyond a heavy defeat.
On the basis of the live feed I though the bowlers were game enough but it looks like a Division 2 attack.
I like OHD as a full hearted trier and useful one day bowler and I don't blame him for being exposed at this level. But if the Club haven't got a young quick who could have offered as much then the outlook is grim.
Good comeback to get the last 7 wickets for 130 runs. There seemed to be a fair bit of turn for Patel which is promising for their second innings, so crucial that we get a decent lead. Depending on how well the pitch holds up, even a lead of 200 could be enough.
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes Exiled Bear's post:
narsty simon
You know it's bad when even Jade Dernbach is taking wickets against you.
Proud to be a Bear
[-] The following 1 user Likes Exiled Bear's post:
paulbear
Whatever happens it has been a much better showing today and something we can take forward. Still too many passengers in the side though.
Effectively 24-3. Need some big partnerships
LE - aka John
Disappointing return for Javid. Will he be given another chance?
LE - aka John
Would not be right to drop him after 1game
The problem is that Javid always looks a bag of nerves as soon as he comes in to bat and tonight when he came in it was yet another pressure situation for him. In 2013 he looked good and everyone thought it was the start of something but to go backwards over the years is a question that managers/coaches should be answering. I agree about the Dernbach comment as I cannot remember him taking a wicket maiden let alone 2 in his first 2 overs. His record is poor seeing as he's played 100 first class games but he had to go and get 2 early wickets didn't he, just to **** off all the mountains of people who really cannot stand him of which I am one. It was a much better day and at least we will not lose by an innings. We must hope for some fight tomorrow.