Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Surrey Edgbaston 21/4
Well done westy !! Watching a little late on and surrey all in a tizz on an Lbw shout which is clearly missing leg stump !!
Time for Rikki to step up and get his form back with the bat
LE - aka John
We're in danger of letting our advantage slip here.
Proud to be a Bear
(21-04-2017, 05:51 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: We're in danger of letting our advantage slip here.

It was a wonderful knock by Ian Westwood. Towards the end it was very gloomy and I don't think the players were able to properly pick up the new ball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
narsty simon
Great innings from Ian Westwood, though a little disappointing again from the rest of the batsmen so far, a little bit better than before but oh well. Must be said though Surrey are a decent bowling outfit and it is early season.

As i side note I'm loving live streaming it in YouTube! Even sneakily propped my phone up under the monitor at work with it on this afternoon :D
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
So pleased for Westwood and what a rate to score at. Is this a bloke who is playing with some freedom and lack of pressure because he knows he can hardly do any worse than the efforts we have seen already this season or is he thinking that as he is training to be an umpire, he is going to go out and enjoy what is left of his career whilst he is still around.
Great to see Ian get a big ton today. Surrey's bowlers didn't bowl well in the morning. The second new ball seemed to do more for the bowlers although that might of been to the light getting a bit worse so more difficult for the batsmen to pickup. Here's hoping we get to 400 plus
@least we're in the game,so pleased for Westie, a career blighted by injuries, great inns today&as Paul says uncharacteristiclly expansive inc.2 6s
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
parkfield bear
Best day of the season so far. Well done Westy and a mention for Billy P too. A century opening stand when you've been put in is a considerable achievement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GrizzlyBear's post:
narsty simon
(21-04-2017, 08:52 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Best day of the season so far. Well done Westy and a mention for Billy P too. A century opening stand when you've been put in is a considerable achievement.

Don't suppose Paul Davies will agree with that!
My take on the day, with some quotes from Westwood:
http://deepextracover.com/2017/04/ian-we...eded-lift/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Fantastic innings from Westy aside, dross again from the rest.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
(21-04-2017, 06:18 PM)stingray Wrote:
(21-04-2017, 05:51 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: We're in danger of letting our advantage slip here.

It was a wonderful knock by Ian Westwood. Towards the end it was very gloomy and I don't think the players were able to properly pick up the new ball.

From what I saw on the YouTube stream it was an almost chanceless innings, which is even more impressive given that it's his first game of the season.

I plan to use my membership for the first time on Sunday. As a bit of a rookie when it comes to membership, can someone advise me as to where this gets me into that regular punters don't aren't allowed (I think it's the Tom Dollery lounge and David Heath suite, but I'm not sure exactly where these are!). Do any other members have any tips/advice when it comes to the best places to watch from/places to eat?
Proud to be a Bear
The food in the Dollery is excellent and varied & the view from the members' pavilion is2nd to none,with the wicket towards the Drayton Manor stand I wouldn't advise as 1geezer was yesterday sitting in the back row of the Hollies
Was he eating a bag of chips?
[-] The following 2 users Like GrizzlyBear's post:
narsty simon, Warleybear
(21-04-2017, 11:22 PM)Lilly Wrote: Fantastic innings from Westy aside, dross again from the rest.

I agree with the first half of this; but to be fair, Porterfield played an important supporting knock and Ambrose was going well until he was pinned by one that was pretty well unplayable.  It is true, though, that Trott and Bell were disappointing - you want the big guns to fire and, a couple of innings apart, they haven't done so in ten knocks so far this season.  I felt for Ateeq - he looked incredibly nervous to begin but I thought he was just beginning to settle down when he got out.  The over-the-top appealing by the Surrey team for a supposed catch earlier in the over may have unsettled him.  On the other hand, maybe it was over the top because he hit it, in which case he was "out" twice in one over.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
narsty simon
Awful again this morning. It looks as though Porterfield's innings, for which I owe him an apology, only papered over the cracks.
Well we appear to have pissed a very promising position up the wall. Still, looking on the bright side, at least there was once a promising position .
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
Look at it another way - we would have taken this score at 11am yesterday morning.
LE - aka John
(22-04-2017, 11:45 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Look at it another way - we would have taken this score at 11am yesterday morning.

You can't look at it that way though. The opening partnership set us up, and the remainder have completely let us down again. 

Unless Clarke performs with the ball I would haul him straight out of the side. Offering absolutely nothing currently.
Paul fondled my onion bags.