Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Yorkshire
Nice 200 lead for Yorkshire then.

2/2 in terms of losses for the season barring someone other than Trott and Barker stepping up with the bat.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Yeah we also could do with some rain coming in this afternoon!
wow 2 wickets down already ...there was me planning to go tomorrow!

Trott LBW looked questionable for sure though
This is ugly. Being out bowled, out batted, out played. And I had hoped the cricket season would be better than the football season.
Wow, this is pathetic, even by our standards!
Proud to be a Bear
Are we batting on a different wicket to Yorkshire ?? Absolute disgrace
problem is how do we address it? it's not just a lack of confidence...we're lacking confidence because the vast majority of players don't have the ability for this league and we all knew it before the start of the season!!
Embarrassed to be a Bear currently. This is abject, no fight in the slightest let alone ability.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
One quick answer - with the exception of Mellor (just starting out) and Trott drop any batsman who fails in 2nd innings and put youngsters in. Just what have we got to lose?
LE - aka John
Bell really needs to sort himself out, closer to being in the second 11s than the England side...never been a huge fan of him as a captain but alwaus been a great batsman for us.
One quick answer - with the exception of Mellor (just starting out) and Trott drop any batsman who fails in 2nd innings and put youngsters in. Just what have we got to lose?
LE - aka John
I will not bother tomorrow as I have been sitting through this from the start until when I left 45 minutes ago. It's horrible enough sitting and watching in this cold weather as it is but when you are playing so badly as well it just makes it worse. If your team plays well, you can put up with it but this is a major worry even this early into the season. I was listening to the Radio WM report on the way back and they pointed out that in both of our games, our pace bowlers have not found the same life, bounce and pace that the opposition has. That is also a worry and again could be down to age also. I don't agree that most of our players do not have the ability in this league as they have proved on many occasions that they can make the grade but it could be a confidence problem or I hope just a bad early season 'Thing' but I doubt it.
Apart from anything else this season's performances put Brown's achievements as coach in a different light.
And now Hain leaves a ball on off stump, terrific. What has happened to him?
Proud to be a Bear
7/5, sigh.
Proud to be a Bear
what is our lowest ever score?

Time for senior management to come out and explain their approach for the coming season...members deserve it
We made it to 10!!
Proud to be a Bear
According to Wikipedia, our lowest ever score is 16 vs Kent in 1913.
Proud to be a Bear
I confess I am embarrassed with our first team set up at the moment.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
Drop the non-performers and replace them with 2nd XI players. Surely they would not find themselves 7-5
LE - aka John