Warwickshire v Yorkshire
No big changes for the Yorkshire match:
https://warwickshireccc.com/news/preview...e=Facebook
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
....and preview here:
http://deepextracover.com/2017/04/sscc-p...yorkshire/
News from Yorkshire:
"Leg spinner Adil Rashid returns to the fold having been made available by England and is set to make his first appearance of the season.
Matthew Fisher and David Willey, who both played Second XI cricket earlier this week after respective groin and shoulder injuries, trained with the First XI on Wednesday and are both included in the squad.
Liam Plunkett (calf) and Ryan Sidebottom (tight hamstring) are 7-14 days away from being available for selection.
Jack Brooks had his first bowl since sustaining a calf injury, but remains several weeks away from a return
England stars Joe Root and Jonny Bairstow will be available for the trip to Hampshire at the Ageas Bowl starting on Friday week.
Yorkshire’s 13-man squad to face Warwickshire County Cricket Club:
Gary Ballance (Captain), Tim Bresnan, Ben Coad, Matthew Fisher, Peter Handscomb, Andrew Hodd (Wicketkeeper), Jack Leaning, Alex Lees, Adam Lyth, Steven Patterson, Adil Rashid, Jared Warner, David Willey."
COYB

Time to sort ourselves out
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Guessing it's pretty chilly at Edgbaston!? many people at the ground?
Not a bad crowd @allespecially for a game that apparently has no future
Both openers out in the first hour. The opposite of a surprise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes exiledinkent's post:
Bald Reynard
shocking again....
[-] The following 1 user Likes greenday28's post:
Bald Reynard
(14-04-2017, 12:05 PM)exiledinkent Wrote: Both openers out in the first hour. The opposite of a surprise.

Now 65 for 5 after 23 overs.  Absolute rubbish - AGAIN !  Ash really does have to sort the batting out - and soon !  He doesn't have many options in the squad - I guess Ateeq MUST be due a game, but Umeed is obviously not up to it at the moment and Lamb & Banks are too inexperienced.  Otherwise it's all rounders like Adair (still not fully fit I gather) or Thomason.

I really do think they have to sign someone like Angus Robson - if that deal isn't already in the pipeline.
This is going to be that embarrassing season you see where we get slaughtered week in week out that prompts change at the end of it, isn't it?

Going to be a long season chaps.
(14-04-2017, 12:52 PM)Bald Reynard Wrote:
(14-04-2017, 12:05 PM)exiledinkent Wrote: Both openers out in the first hour. The opposite of a surprise.

Now 65 for 5 after 23 overs.  Absolute rubbish - AGAIN !  Ash really does have to sort the batting out - and soon !  He doesn't have many options in the squad - I guess Ateeq MUST be due a game, but Umeed is obviously not up to it at the moment and Lamb is too inexperienced.  Otherwise it's all rounders like Adair (still not fully fit I gather) or Thomason.

I really do think they have to sign someone like Angus Robson - if that deal isn't already in the pipeline.

I don't blame the players. Porterfield in four day cricket is Second Division standard. Mellor? How can he be expected to succeed.
As for Sam Hain. If he isn't sent to the seconds to get some confidence this is a career careering towards the rocks.
Another sub-100 score on the cards? Embarrassing.
Proud to be a Bear
7 down now.
Jeets looks like he is going to try and smack everything out of the park. Can't blame him, must be frustrating as a bowler knowing your batting line up is so awful
Oh dear. Same XI, same problems.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
(14-04-2017, 02:08 PM)Lilly Wrote: Jeets looks like he is going to try and smack everything out of the park. Can't blame him, must be frustrating as a bowler knowing your batting line up is so awful

Well it seems to be more effective right now!
Proud to be a Bear
The rain has probably actually come at a bad time for us, just when we were getting a bit of a partnership together.
Proud to be a Bear
Looks like you were right Exile.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
If we could get to 180 then put some pressure on with the new ball....least we could try and be bit more competitive. We are going to have this problem wIth the batting all season

The more I think about it the more pathetic I think our management team have been over the last 5 years or so...we've failed to recruit players and failed to bring players through. When Trott, Bell and Patel retire I really worry where we will be

We need to identify 4-5 solid players to recruit through this season and the start of next one and start to identify some top young talent
(14-04-2017, 02:46 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: The rain has probably actually come at a bad time for us, just when we were getting a bit of a partnership together.
Unless it rains for three and a half days!