Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surrey v Warwickshire
(07-04-2017, 04:51 PM)bear4life Wrote: Im going tomorrow, hoping for a better day than today thus far!

I imagine you'll see more wickets (as we will likely bat at some stage in the day  Cry )
Paul fondled my onion bags.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Bloomy
Well done Bell. Last season he couldn't buy a toss, now he inserts AT THE OVAL. We only have a 14 game CC season and this one seems to have gone already barring a miracle. Only one thing to do here Ian, make a big ton yourself and let us at least try and squeeze as many points out of this as possible. A really poor first day though I did hear that some of our early bowling was ****.
TBF Barker bowled well 1st up&beat the bat but within the hour it was clear to see this was a bit 1st wicket
Long way back in this game...what are the odds that we will make this pitch seem like a minefield?
Looks like we'll find out soon. I expected them to get much closer to 600.
Wink 
Wright gets a 5'fer.  Stunning turn around today.  Lets see our openers put on a century stand.
Great fightback but the batters need to knuckle down and take time out the game
150 lead, then bowl them out for an innings victory!
[-] The following 1 user Likes philly's post:
Leicester Exile
Rolleyes 
35 for 3
Trott and Bell get ducks 
Excellent over from Footitt
Bell, Trott&Hain, 0between them!
So much for the strong middle order.
Such a poor ageing squad it's no surprise...what have our senior team been doing for the last 5 years!?
Relegation material this season based on this.

Poor recruitment for years and nobody wants to tell Ian Bell that he is not a captain.

Surrey have left us behind in terms of quality and recruitment of younger hungry players.
(08-04-2017, 04:10 PM)Measham Bear Wrote: Relegation material this season based on this.

Poor recruitment for years and nobody wants to tell Ian Bell that he is not a captain.

Surrey have left us behind in terms of quality and recruitment of younger hungry players.

Agreed, hapless performance, I have a lot of faith in Ashley and Jim but we are heading for the mug's league
Now the star batsman has gone
A sort of fightback with the ball but now a capitulation with the bat. Tomorrow is forecast to be even warmer than today here in Kennington so I was going to go up but I'm not sure how much play I'll see for my twenty squid. I don't really want to witness us losing by an innings.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
Mark Footit is at best, a 'Decent' bowler but we have this great ability to make bowlers like this look like world-beaters. I know they lost their last 7 pretty quickly but the pitch has not suddenly deteriorated and become unplayable. I do hope this is not the shape of things to come.
Probably be free entry tomorrow
Now Rikki gone.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.