Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Membership
http://www.edgbaston.com/news/new-member...epartment/
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Today I became a Warwickshire member for the first time! A steal at only £55 for all domestic cricket. However, being a novice member I have a few questions! Am I able to bring someone who has paid to get into the ground into the members' lounges or am I only able to bring someone in if I use one of my guest passes? Also, I recently bought tickets to Finals Day/the Champions Trophy but not for members areas - I guess I won't be able to get into these areas on the day?

Also, I seem to recall someone on here saying something about Warwickshire members getting entry into members' facilities at other counties - could someone advise me as to which counties offer this?
Proud to be a Bear
Bargain! I assume you're a student member?

Sorry I have been absent from the forum for so long, I have been lurking. Recently bought my first house with my partner and moved from Walsall to Stirchley so hoping to go to a lot more games this season, though standard membership does seem a bit steep at £235, not sure if I can justify it, it's surely got to be one of the most expensive in county cricket?
The Bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey
£235 sounds a lot but you have to decide just how many days cricket you expect/hope to see. 20 days = just over a tenner a day = excellent value. 5days = over £40 a day = expensive.
LE - aka John
That's true I guess, mostly anything evenings and weekends, glad to see there are a few championship games that run over weekends so gets me better value for money, might have to invest.
(16-02-2017, 03:49 PM)Bloomy Wrote: That's true I guess, mostly anything evenings and weekends, glad to see there are a few championship games that run over weekends so gets me better value for money, might have to invest.

Yep, I've got a student membership. Even though I live in Reading and have to get the train to matches it was still worth buying at that price! As a heads up for future seasons (assuming it's the same as this year) they had an early bird offer on this year which ended on 31st January - before then a full membership cost £205. If you're a fan of T20 as well as one day/championship cricket then it's probably still worth getting a membership as one T20 ticket costs something like £18 so you'd only need to go to a handful of T20 games and some one day and 4 day cricket and you've got your money's worth. Add to that the benefit of access to the lounges/guest passes as well and it's probably not bad value still. Of course, it depends on how much you're likely to use it!
Proud to be a Bear
There are also members ' events like nets day next month and the Xmas carol service in December surprisingly!, plus a quiz night which is an extra this year, all in all it's excellent value for money
Thanks for the tips, I'm sold on being a member this year, just need to make sure I get my money's worth and go down whenever possible .
(17-02-2017, 08:41 AM)narsty simon Wrote: There are also members ' events like nets day next month and the Xmas carol service in December surprisingly!, plus a quiz night which is an extra this year, all in all it's excellent value for money

We do love our members' events don't we Simon?!!! Our two friends who are Worcestershire members are very envious of what we get. I received my membership pack this morning. It is fabulous. So professional, particularly appreciate the extras such as pin badges and lanyard. Well done to Andy and Jonathan the very helpful membership team.
I've taken out T20 membership this year for myself and purchased tickets for the first three days of the WI test and T20 finals day for myself and Mrs Bear.... cant wait for the new season.
Sorry to jump onto the thread, but does anyone know whether members get access to other counties matches? I believe last year we could get into Nottingham and Lancashire matches (when we were not playing), is it the same this year? I can't recall seeing it anywhere!

This Saturday looks a glorious day to watch some cricket but alas nothing at Edgbaston!
Apparently the Lancashire deal has been scrapped but I think we still have a reciprocal arrangement with Notts
(24-05-2017, 10:51 AM)adickinson Wrote: Sorry to jump onto the thread, but does anyone know whether members get access to other counties matches? I believe last year we could get into Nottingham and Lancashire matches (when we were not playing), is it the same this year? I can't recall seeing it anywhere!

This Saturday looks a glorious day to watch some cricket but alas nothing at Edgbaston!

Bangladesh v Pakistan at Edgbaston
Thank you, and I meant there is no County Cricket on at Edgbaston this Saturday.
A question: I renewed my membership before Christmas - should I have received my guest passes by now seeing as the season starts in three weeks?
Proud to be a Bear
I believe in the letter which contained my membership card it said that the guest passes would be sent out in due course. It is usually quite close to the start of the season that they are released.
I would be interested in members'thoughts on the latest btb, always a good read this one imo is the best yet, full marks to the club for letting the fairer sex air their views, great articles from Emily and Marie-domestic cricket is in an awful mess@present but WCCC continues to do its membership proud
Quite enjoyed the BTB magazine, this is my first season as a full member since my student days, not been able to afford it till now!

Anyone spot the mistake on the title page for the interview with Jeetan Patel?