Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Lancashire
Time for a wicket - these two are getting settled in COYB
LE - aka John
80 overs for the 4th innings at Southampton.
Come on Durham, show some backbone and bat the day out.

We need to end the Kerrigan vigil.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Croft falls.

5 more lads.
Thrilling stuff........ final day of the season sundrenched from Lords to Edgbaston. Absorbing! COYB!!!!!
I find it hilarious how the notoriously dead wickets of Lords are biting Middlesux on the backside today.

Far too much cricket played there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
narsty simon
Kerrigan finally falls. Hell of a stand by the nightwatchman.
and Clarke bowls Clark
(23-09-2016, 12:49 PM)Lilly Wrote: I find it hilarious how the notoriously dead wickets of Lords are biting Middlesux on the backside today.

I am puzzled by Middlesex's strategy.  Perhaps set up a 200 run chase in 20 overs, winner takes all?
(23-09-2016, 01:32 PM)philly Wrote:
(23-09-2016, 12:49 PM)Lilly Wrote: I find it hilarious how the notoriously dead wickets of Lords are biting Middlesux on the backside today.

I am puzzled by Middlesex's strategy.  Perhaps set up a 200 run chase in 20 overs, winner takes all?

You'd have thought so, serves no one playing for there to be a draw there but they are meandering through currently.
1 to go!
GOT EM!

Well done boys, well constructed win in the end.

Now let's make sure this season in the Championship is not repeated next season.
Bravo. An excellent team performance. Somehow it puts into sharp relief how disappointing many of the other FC games have been this season. The main flaw is the batting, and with an aging squad, we'll need to have some serious thoughts about next season's line-up.
(23-09-2016, 02:02 PM)philly Wrote: Bravo.  An excellent team performance.  Somehow it puts into sharp relief how disappointing many of the other FC games have been this season.  The main flaw is the batting, and with an aging squad, we'll need to have some serious thoughts about next season's line-up.

Totally agree

We need a new opening partnership for next season

Can someone explain to me how we can go about that.

Say for example DB wanted Bell-Drummond ( great potential) and Daryl Mitchell ( really needs a new challenge) as his opening pair - how can we make this happen ?

I do not fully understand what is allowed in regards to the legalities of recruitment
Yes .... excellent.

A strange season... one day kings and championship security. But lets not kid ourselves, this could all have so easily have ended up in tears with no trophy and relegation. This is a warning and we do need to freshen some things up in a few significant areas. However, congratulations to a team that despite some obvious problems managed to achieve in the end.
Where has this performance been hiding? Apart from the first day's struggles - when we actually ended up with a score that was better than it looked - this has been a first class professional display. Today Chris Wright bowled two good, probing spells. Jeets kept up the pressure beautifully and Rikki produced a superb display of quick bowling on an unresponsive pitch. They were backed up by excellent catching and some smart field placings. If didn't know better, you might think you were watching a Championship contender, not a side battling relegation.

Lancashire I thought got too hung up on the notion that they could bat through the day. Apart from a brief flurry at the end they never tried to shift the initiative and put any pressure on the bowlers. They will probably survive because Hampshire will struggle to beat Durham now.

It would be unfair to judge Hameed on one viewing but he doesn't give me the "wow" factor that I got when I first saw Ian Bell or Alastair Cook, for example. I'll be interested to see how he gets on this winter, but the days of the old fashioned blocker are surely no more in international cricket.
As I said after the final on Saturday - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
A bright final week of the season is something to be proud of but overall I've been disappointed this season. A lot of work needed over the winter, hopefully bringing in two or three top order batsmen, at least one of them an opener.

Incidentally, that is a pisspoor Lancashire XI by their standards.
Lara, Tendulkar ... Pilling.
Lancashire look poor but Hampshire are worse. They only seem to be interested in what they keep calling 'White ball cricket'. They have had a few escapes before but are not good at any format at the moment. It might sound 'Bitchy' but the way they helped decide the title in 2011 whilst still getting relegated, still ****** me off big time. Also Rob Bransgrove is a pain trying to insist Hampshire are a major county and that they should have T20 finals day. When they last had it, it was a mess and the transport proved to be a disaster. He also thinks The Ageas bowl should have a Test every year. So if Hampshire go down (It's looking more likely) then good riddance to them.
[-] The following 2 users Like paulbear's post:
Harborne Bear, stingray
Hampshire down. The last 6 days have been so nerve wrecking. This time last week I was shakey and could feel the sweat on my palms as I drove home and here I am listening to Middlesex v Yorks feeling happy that I can relax even though we have had disappointments this season. Congratulations to Middlesex.