Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Lancashire
(22-09-2016, 03:39 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: If we lose and Hants draw both teams end up with the same points. What is used to separate them to decide who gets relegated?

Just a hypothetical question because of course Durham will win on 4th day and Warks will win by mid afternoon tomorrow.

I know it is most wins first, then I think least defeats. Not sure after that.
Proud to be a Bear
Fifty more runs, then bowl them out. If they get to 350 in the 4th innings, then we don't deserve to stay up.
Wins followed by losses, wins are the same we have last4 to their3 so we go down
(22-09-2016, 03:48 PM)philly Wrote: Fifty more runs, then bowl them out. If they get to 350 in the 4th innings, then we don't deserve to stay up.

Pretty much this. We are in a very good position and just need to ensure we have time to bowl Lancs out. All the batters have chipped in but the lack of big scores says to me the pitch is still difficult to bat on. The odd ball is keeping low and the occasional one is unplayable.

Might not be the worst thing to be bowled out by 5pm. Though we really need to think in terms of another 50 runs and pull out.
Jeets has a dot ball. Obviously playing himself in.
Hants (effectively) 120-3
A rare occurance could happen this afternoon - warwickshire declaring ! Lead is over 300 - we must make sure we have a few overs at them tonight. Meanwhile Hants have already lost 2 wickets.
LE - aka John
279-7 declared
Hants 6 down, leading by 163. Interesting.
Superb day for the Bears, could not have gone much better.

Well done lads, see it home tomorrow.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Agreed Lilly... Spent a a couple of hours there late on. Felt positive at COP.
I suppose today could not have gone better - a decent score in our 2nd innings and 3 scalps before CoP. The bonus being Hants 7 wickets down and could be setting Durham less than 200 to win.
LE - aka John
Have not missed a ball for 3 days. The last 2 days have shown me how good we can be getting our heads together and working as a team but then again a lot of people might say, "It's only Lancs". Then again, they still have to go out and make it happen. Still surprised by their decision to bowl first with 2 spinners and our decision to play just 1. A really good consistent scorecard with only Mellor failing to get a start. Bad timewasting from Lancs, don't know why, did they expect bad light tonight to do them a favour. The incident with Bailey's boot was just stupid as he spent ages supposedly trying to mend it and then after all the fannying about some bright spark thought "Why don't I bring a spare pair out" Which they could have done 5 minutes earlier. He took forever to get through his overs and looks a cumbersome individual who needs a kick up the behind. And only yesterday I read Jimmy Anderson's thoughts on slow over rates where he thinks players are not to blame. Sorry, but constant field placings and drinks and more helmets and shinguards and wicketkeepers who are captains having to 'have a word' and then walking slowly back behind the stumps. Who else is to blame. How on earth did the cricketers in 'Days of Yore' manage to get through 120 overs in a day- They just got on with it. Anyway, it will not help Lancs tomorrow and I hope we can do it quickly and breath a sigh of relief.
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulbear's post:
Harborne Bear
Don't blame the players, if they can get away with it they will, time umpires started exercising their authority, by the way it's free admission tomorrow, let's see, and hear you all hopefully cheering the bears to safety
Unfortunately, no one seems to give the umpires any authority and every year they try to bring up the subject of some of the abuse and cheating that goes on but no one takes any notice. I would certainly support them if they went on strike, try playing a game with no umpires. The ECB should ban constant drinks breaks, just have one every hour and that's it. The alternative is to say to a fielder, "You want a drink, field on the boundary and have a sip from a bottle in between balls but don't stand there in the middle when a game is trying to be played". The subs should be told not to bring drinks on but the toothless ECB will not even look at any argument unless it makes money for them.
Cricket should look at how tennis is played. Specific times allowed for injury. preparing to serve etc. How about no stoppage for the captain to talk to his bowler during the over, no field place changes during the over unless the facing batsman changes. Ban drink breaks totally - it was only introduced when commercial tv covered the test match so they could have a 5 minute advert break.
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
paulbear
As the great Tom Dollery said: "Drinks? Who needs drinks? When we were in the desert in the war, we had two pints of water a day - and one of those was for the tank."
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like Terry's post:
Leicester Exile, paulbear
A big hand to Tim Ambrose for an incredibly sensible, well-judged innings today that set up the declaration.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like Terry's post:
narsty simon, paulbear, stingray
Tim is so under-rated. Over the years he has played some really important knocks in both CC and One-day games. When his time is up he will be so hard to replace as both a superb keeper and batsman.
(22-09-2016, 11:31 PM)paulbear Wrote: Tim is so under-rated. Over the years he has played some really important knocks in both CC and One-day games. When his time is up he will be so hard to replace as both a superb keeper and batsman.

Most definitely. Has been a fantastic servant for us and those on the production line in the last few years lined up to replace him have been nowhere near the same high standard.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Leicester Exile