Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Lancashire
(21-09-2016, 08:53 PM)Malc Wrote: On WM commentary this am, Clive Eakin was adamant that we now need to win to stay up. I've looked at tables etc and I can't see why this would be. Was he simply basing his comments on the assumption that Hampshire will beat Durham?

I'm a bit confused. Somebody please explain.

Yes, I think he assumes Hampshire will win.  If so, a draw in our game will doom us to relegation.

I would have Hampshire as favourites to win, but probably put the odds at something like 60:30:10 for a Hampshire win, draw and Durham win respectively.

In our game, I put the odds at 70:1:29 for a Bears win, draw, and Lancs win.

Overall, I think we have approximately an 80% chance of avoiding relegation from this position.
(15-09-2016, 10:01 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: So what wicket should Warks prepare ?

(21-09-2016, 09:15 PM)philly Wrote:
(21-09-2016, 08:53 PM)Malc Wrote: On WM commentary this am, Clive Eakin was adamant that we now need to win to stay up. I've looked at tables etc and I can't see why this would be. Was he simply basing his comments on the assumption that Hampshire will beat Durham?

I'm a bit confused. Somebody please explain.

Yes, I think he assumes Hampshire will win.  If so, a draw in our game will doom us to relegation.

I would have Hampshire as favourites to win, but probably put the odds at something like 60:30:10 for a Hampshire win, draw and Durham win respectively.

In our game, I put the odds at 70:1:29 for a Bears win, draw, and Lancs win.

Overall, I think we have approximately an 80% chance of avoiding relegation from this position.

Good! I thought I was either going mad or seriously in need of learning support. I refuse to make a prediction for our game (tempting fate!), but I think Hants will have to settle for a draw - only 19 needed to avoid follow on.
I'm convinced we are ok.... So much so, that if we get relegated, I will never watch a domestic 50 over game again outside a cup final as punishment for being wrong.
.......And it's raining in SW Brum at the moment and very overcast. Please don't tell me the weather is going to mess this one up as well! ?
Slightly brightening up in the west of the city.....

A championship is played across the season and is a true test....... Is there anywhere you can get a 'predictive' table based on state of play?
Panic over. Rain stopped and blue skies on the horizon. Phew!
[-] The following 1 user Likes stingray's post:
narsty simon
MASSIVE day for us today.

Surely even out batsmen cannot toss this off and give Lancs a sniff. Lead of at least 250 and let the bowlers do the rest.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Mellor falls early.

Whatever the Division next season, we need two new openers.
As a stop gap, I'd see Trott as an opener. He's essentially been doing the job this season already. Just make it formal, and use his experience to support a younger player.
Plenty of turn for Lilley ☺
It's a real shame there's been rain at Southampton :-)
(22-09-2016, 12:49 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Plenty of turn for Lilley ☺

I'd never turn, once a Bear always a Bear.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
Leicester Exile
Thrilling down at Lords. Yorkies need the final batting point to have a chance of the title.

Hopefully it ends a draw and Somerset win it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lilly's post:
narsty simon
Bell and Hain gone in quick succession
I'd like to think that we've got enough now, although we may not need to win after all as Durham are only 50 runs behind after the first innings.
Proud to be a Bear
So Hampshire lead by 50, with ~136 overs left in the game. Hopefully Durham can roll them over if they try to score quickly to set a declaration.
(22-09-2016, 02:59 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: I'd like to think that we've got enough now, although we may not need to win after all as Durham are only 50 runs behind after the first innings.

Bat for another 20 overs, and stretch the lead to 350+ (if possible), leaving ~110 overs?
Yeh with wickets in the hutch now is the time to play some shots and have a go at them tonight
If we lose and Hants draw both teams end up with the same points. What is used to separate them to decide who gets relegated?

Just a hypothetical question because of course Durham will win on 4th day and Warks will win by mid afternoon tomorrow.
LE - aka John
A lot of double figures on our scorecard. Hope the pitch isn't flattening out.