Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Lancashire
A joint effort by Lilly and me for that wicket!
Proud to be a Bear
Well in EB! Barker takes no credit, it was all us.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Slightly worried that Lancashire have sent me out to bat
(21-09-2016, 02:17 PM)Lilly Wrote: Slightly worried that Lancashire have sent me out to bat

Retire hurt? Wink
Proud to be a Bear
Looks like you won't need to!
Proud to be a Bear
I did my part for the team.
9 down, lead of 70.

Bowlers doing their best.
9 down! Now, please please finish it off quickly...no big last wicket stands today thank you.
Proud to be a Bear
8 down now - let's get the final 2 and have a lead of over 50. I said yesterday our fate will probably be known by mid afternoon. Looks like our fate is well and truly in our hands now with a real chance of getting the victory we need.
LE - aka John
Great work by the bowlers, now we need to batsmen to back it up for once and get a lead of 250 or more
Proud to be a Bear
Another session where we spent a lot of time getting nowhere and then things suddenly happened. The dismissal of Croft was the turning point. Once that happened the hutch door was open. Barker bowled really well and knocked over the tail in some style.

A lead of 67 could be crucial BUT we must bat well. Time for some of the batters to put their hands up.
Effectively 79-0 and it's rainng
LE - aka John
No further play tonight. Bears 12-0 leading by 79. In the context of this game we can probably afford to lose most of a session and the weather looks better tomorrow and Friday. Should be a result in this one.

Interestingly quite a few edges have failed to carry to slip and this reprieved both Westwood and Mellor. Says to me that the pitch is getting slower and lower. If we can leave Lancs 250 plus and 80-90 overs to bowl them out I'm confident we'll win.

In other news, the Durham corpse seems to be twitching at Southampton. Maybe a Hampshire win is not a foregone conclusion - although I'm not banking on it.
Good effort by the Durham 8th wicket pair - Keep going tomorrow if you please and then some. What a sterling effort from our bowlers, at 35-0 I was starting to get nervous then within 20 minutes we took control. only the Procter/Clark partnership save them from being virtually out of it. The amount of batsmen LBW and cleaned bowled might suggest that the pitch is getting some uneven bounce still and by Friday I'd love to see it scuttling. 250 would be beyond Lancs I think but we must be solid and just bat most of tomorrow if possible. We needed to really stand up today and show fight and one more effort like that from our bowlers should hopefully see us to victory. PLEASE.
Does anyone live near the ground and if so, is it still raining. Don't want a delayed start tomorrow because of a waterlogged pitch.
(21-09-2016, 05:58 PM)paulbear Wrote: Does anyone live near the ground and if so, is it still raining. Don't want a delayed start tomorrow because of a waterlogged pitch.

I don't live near the ground but looking at the radar it seems that all the rain has now passed and I don't see any reason why they would start late tomorrow. I don't think that that much rain has actually fallen.
Proud to be a Bear
I hope not whereas where I live in Halesowen it has been absolutely heaving it down. I got out of my car to get in my house - about 4 seconds and absolutely drenched. Just don't want anything to spoil what is a great position for us in this game.
(15-09-2016, 10:01 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: So what wicket should Warks prepare ?

(21-09-2016, 05:58 PM)paulbear Wrote: Does anyone live near the ground and if so, is it still raining. Don't want a delayed start tomorrow because of a waterlogged pitch.

I live in Harborne. Not raining. Can't envisage any problem tomorrow am from the weather
On WM commentary this am, Clive Eakin was adamant that we now need to win to stay up. I've looked at tables etc and I can't see why this would be. Was he simply basing his comments on the assumption that Hampshire will beat Durham?

I'm a bit confused. Somebody please explain.
Similar weather forecasts for Birmingham and Southampton for Thursday and Friday. It looks like a relatively low chance of interruptions.

Hopefully Durham can avoid the follow-on and eat further into the Hampshire lead, who may then be faced with a tough declaration decision.

I doubt we'll have to make a declaration decision, given our normal batting performance.