Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Lancashire
We will know by this time tomorrow whether or not that was yet another inadequate score.
Given how poor the batting has been I find it extraordinary that we have ended up with a reserve keeper opening the batting whilst Chopra is already at Essex.
Fully expect Hampshire to win, I've never liked or trusted Durham and it seems they'll roll over easily in that one. Ironically it was our collapse against Durham when Woakes had taken the 9 wickets to virtually win us the match that started our spiral downwards in the CC.

I think we are going down chaps, and you have to say we deserve it with how abysmal our batting has been.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
First class batting, in order of runs scored

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/warwickshi...ype=season
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Yes I thin k we will know our fate by mid-afternoon. Either Lancs are finding the runs easy to come by or we will see wickets tumbling. A first innings lead has to be our aim today.
LE - aka John
(21-09-2016, 03:09 AM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: First class batting, in order of runs scored

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/warwickshi...ype=season

Remains grim reading, trotty and Woakes aside
There will be a few players disappointed with their batting statistics, the captain amongst them.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
We need early breakthroughs. Nothing in the first half hour.
3 quick wickets.

COME ON YOU BEARS
Can someone have a word with Ashley :)
LE - aka John
Max batting points for Hants. Need Durham to do the same without losing more than 5 wickets !!
LE - aka John
Things have changed now :-)

Let's hope the pitch is judged up to standard.
Can you imagine that, we win and Hants win and we go down from a points deduction.

39/4. Bowlers are doing their part again
Durham a man down already. We have to win.
(20-09-2016, 10:07 PM)exiledinkent Wrote: We will know by this time tomorrow whether or not that was yet another inadequate score.
Given how poor the batting has been I find it extraordinary that we have ended up with a reserve keeper opening the batting whilst Chopra is already at Essex.

On the face of it that is totally negligent from DB

If there are good reasons why Varun left early then OK, but I have said for years that our top order has been poor. With having Trott and Bell to score runs I expected a very high finish. Despite the loss of Woakes top 4 was not unrealistic.

As usual we will not recruit top order batters - again very poor if we did not go for Borthwich or Stoneman
They are really going for Rikki here. We need to keep the pressure on, up to 74/4 now, every run is crucial, we need a lead with the fragility of our batting line up.
OHD strikes!
Before start of play we would have taken 5 wickets by lunch.
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
narsty simon
A gripping morning's cricket. Nothing seemed to be happening at first but then we got three in quick succession. Wright bowled an excellent spell from the City End and Barker didn't have much luck. The wicket of Livingstone, who had looked dangerous, was a real bonus. He pulled OHD to mid-wicket, was clearly caught but stood his ground until he was given out. There were a few words exchanged as he went off.

We need to get Croft and Clark quickly after lunch. Croft is always a thorn in our side and Clark can score quickly. If we do we could have a decent lead. Durham seem to be running up the white flag as we feared, so the loser of this is probably going down.

Looks like a bit of rain about this afternoon, but the game is moving so quickly it probably won't matter if we lose a couple of hours today. Forecast looks better for tomorrow and Friday.
Lead down to 90 now.
We could use another wicket.
Proud to be a Bear