Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warwickshire v Lancashire
Hampshire have started well or, given Durham put them in, have they prepared a batting track that will result in a draw.
LE - aka John
Interesting morning. I would have said pretty even until Trotty was out. He seemed to get one that jumped off a length. The amount of patting down he and Bell have been doing suggests this pitch won't play any better.

Surprised Lancs bowled when they've picked two spinners. I think 250 could be a decent score on here. Whether we get it probably depends on the skipper.
Not a good start to the afternoon. Another stupid run out! Lower order to the rescue or another collapse? Not a bad crowd here but to me it seems almost a resigned atmosphere
Here comes the collapse...
Proud to be a Bear
Can someone describe the run out, or will it be too detrimental to my cardiac health?
There's a video of it here. He would have made it comfortably if he'd set off straight away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjmrbKVhY1o
Proud to be a Bear
Looked like a good call from Hain. Ambrose at fault.

Most of the batsmen seemed to look at the pitch with some distrust.
(20-09-2016, 02:36 PM)philly Wrote: Looked like a good call from Hain.  Ambrose at fault.

Most of the batsmen seemed to look at the pitch with some distrust.

Maybe a good call - but we know that Ambrose is carrying an injury so a quick single may not have been that great an idea
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
In the context of the match, a new batsman in, and the way the season is ending, I would call it stupid. Keeping a cool head in these situations is vital! Chasing tight singles at such a delicate stage of the match is plain daft.

Hopefully Sam will now go on and get a nice big century and make me forget all about it ☺️
We won't really know until both sides have batted, but I think this is a difficult pitch. Dry, hardly any pace and offering uneven bounce, especially when the bowling is from the Pavilion End. There is some turn for Kerrigan, but it is slow. Seamers need to be keeping line and length on here and letting the pitch help them.

Barring weather I'd say pretty certain to be a result, and given how Hampshire are going we might need to win.

Hain batting very well in the conditions. Hopefully he can complete his 50 and a few more. If we could get to 250 (unlikely) I'd feel fairly confident.
Well, it looks like Hampshire will get several more batting points than us, so even a tie won't be sufficient if they win.
Well we've managed to get a batting point - 8 down though.

Looking highly likely we must win the game if we are to stay up.
LE - aka John
Well, we're about to find out if the pitch is difficult or not... 219 all out. Need a couple of wickets in the 10 or so overs left today.
Proud to be a Bear
22 overs from Kerrigan without a wicket. Ties down the end nicely, and allowed the seamers to rotate.
Ricki drops a 'simple' catch. It must be the End of Days.

We're doomed Mr Mainwaring!
We're in big trouble if we can't get early wickets tomorrow.
Proud to be a Bear
(20-09-2016, 05:36 PM)philly Wrote: Ricki drops a 'simple' catch.  It must be the End of Days.

We're doomed Mr Mainwaring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EH1G4EwljM
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Bowled ok last session. Thought is was strange that Wright came off after just 2 good overs but gotta have a look at Jeets i guess. Clarke drop was a dolly, haven't heard such an audible collective groan from the Edgbaston crowd in ages.
starting to get a bit worried.

Looks like we may have needed the second batting point. If Hampshire get full batting points and match us in bowling they only need a draw if we lose.

Batting looked straight forward for Jeetan and Barker. I'm not sure there are demons in the pitch. Kerrigan put a lot of pressure on although he didn't take wickets.

For the first time I'm wondering if several of our players are just too old.
A poor day. I was glad to see us bat but wonder if we have enough runs. It looks like a result pitch so a bit strange to see us not play 2 spinners. Is it ALL up to Mr Patel if it does start to turn? Hain's call was daft and not Tim's fault. So, we must win our first game at home in the CC this season. Tomorrow could be the most important championship day of the season for us. It will depend on whether or not we can set a 4th innings target. If Lancs get a decent lead then that target could be 100 or less then we are doomed. What on earth Collingwood was doing at Hampshire is beyond me. Bowling on a dusty pitch which has plenty of turn already looks ominous. No matter what we do now, anything but a win if Hampshire triumph, is curtains for us. Clarke's drop was so uncharacteristic that no one could believe it. Have Durham got the fight in them to try and draw seeing as they are already safe? I am worried and we need everything to go right tomorrow. I cannot stand Hampshire, they are our 'Bogie' side. They virtually handed the 2011 CC to Lancs by beating us and Durham, losing 9 wickets in a session when they played Lancs a few weeks later and then holding out for a draw on that last day when it looked easier to lose and costing us the title. Also they have been the only side (twice) to have beaten us batting first in Lords' finals. Are they now going to haunt us again. C'mon Warwickshire, fight for every ball or else we go down.