Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICC Champions Trophy
Anyone know the arrangements (if any) for WCCC members buying tickets ?
(01-09-2016, 09:32 PM)nevilaan Wrote: Anyone know the arrangements (if any) for WCCC members buying tickets ?

Yes. If you renew your membership now, you can buy tickets for any of the games staged at Edgbaston at the same time. This avoids the public ballot. Tickets for the games are £50 adult with the semi final £60. I think this is only available for seating in the members. I bought some tickets today for Eng v Aus.
The club website says:

The ICC Champions Trophy returns to Edgbaston in 2017 and from 10am today (Thursday 1 September) fans can register for the ticket ballot to see cricket's biggest stars in action. Edgbaston hosts five games in the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 with four fixtures in the group stages – New Zealand v Australia (2 June), India v Pakistan (4 June), Pakistan v South Africa (7 June) and England v Australia (10 June) – and a semi-final (15 June). Applications to enter the ballot can be made by clicking here from 10am tomorrow. The ballot closes at 8pm on Friday 30 September.

Please note that payment is mandatory for all successful tickets applied for and all successful applicants will be notified by email in early October.
Not sure what to make of this:
http://www.edgbaston.com/news/birmingham...edgbaston/
As I understand it, Marketing Birmingham are the organisation employed to do just that - market the city.  So their research isn't entirely objective.  But if it persuades city councillors that any money owed by the club is more of an investment than a loan, that is fine by me.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
I presume if it's an investment re-payment will be by way of the income major events at Edgbaston generates throughout the city. Sounds good to me.
LE - aka John
ICC champion trophy will be placed held in 2017 means this year.
Was anyone else at India vs Pakistan at Edgbaston on Sunday? It was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had at a cricket ground! The atmosphere was insane - I'd guess that >95% of the crowd were of either Indian or Pakistani descent, meaning that it was what I imagine the atmosphere is like at an IPL game! They really love their cricket don't they. I'd be interested how many of those who attended live in Birmingham and of those, how many had been to Edgbaston before. This is the market that I think we really need to tap into more for Warwickshire matches to get our attendances up.
Proud to be a Bear