Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Mellor
Gone to Derbyshire on an initial month's loan. Harvey Hosein broke his thumb the other evening and Tom Poynton has retired. Alex should gain some valuable experience of first-team cricket.
A good opportunity for him, and a chance to develop his game at a higher level.
While Robert may be dead, Robert was not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
I assume he's available for all forms, assuming Tim is out for a bit?
Yes, his loan has finished.

He was at home today when he received the call.

In the circumstances, he did a good job.
While Robert may be dead, Robert was not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Anyone aware of any feedback from his stint at Derbyshire? I think he made a few runs but have no insight into his performance behind the stumps. I know he missed a tricky leg side stumping today but it's harsh to be too critical given the circumstances. Is he realistically a long term replacement for the mighty Tim?
Seven catches in two first class games.
He was a bit untidy today but that is understandable in the circumstances.  Too early to say if he could replace Tim on a permanent basis.
Views on here are my own; but you can keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Surrey seem to have a surfeit of WK/Batsmen. Perhaps one of them could be tempted if Mellor doesn't meet the grade.
Let's hope Mellor comes through as I think we are all a little depressed at our inability to develop our own players. I imagine Tim isn't intending on going anywhere for a while which is fine by me so long as his body holds out. If we do have to look elsewhere, I think Adam Wheater is underated and we know he can certainly bat. If Hampshire get the drop this year he might fancy a move. And then there's Sam Billings who is really very, very good and wasted at Kent.

So there are people out there if - and only if - we really need them.