Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Northants Steelbacks v Bears
Preview here:
http://birminghambears.com/news/squad-no...ham-bears/
The match is on Sky tonight.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
What a first ball by OHD. Short, wide and 4.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Clarke and Barker bring in some fantastic control, only for OHD to leak boundaries all over the place again. Three consecutive fours. They clearly realise just how average he is as a bowler.
27 runs from his two overs. Too familiar a tale with him. We need new blood in many areas.
and an average fielder...
(19-07-2016, 06:55 PM)greenday28 Wrote: and an average fielder...

Yes, Jeets was not impressed.

Offering very little to us this season across the formats thus far.
Need to get Rossington out sharpish.
OHD comes back on, 4 more.
just dont seem to have power in our batting
lovely forward defensive by evans...
Shocking shot from the Surrey strutt
Bang!!!! Our batting has just imploded again!
Proves Botham' s point Warley, Northamptonshire, a team you want thrown out of the championship have thrashed Birmingham twice this season,they would lose a proper game probably by an innings inside 2 days
Yep.... Tend to agree with you.... Perhaps they should focus on T20.... Clearly some sides struggle in the longer format.

However I digress..... Terrible performance. Some will be thinking that if this keeps up it will be Bye Bye Dougie?
Awful performance !! Jaavid at 6 really ?? Are we resting the likes of Chopra Ambrose and Trott for our assault on 3rd place in the championship ??
(19-07-2016, 09:15 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Yep.... Tend to agree with you....  Perhaps they should focus on T20.... Clearly some sides struggle in the longer format.

However I digress..... Terrible performance. Some will be thinking that if this keeps up it will be Bye Bye Dougie?

Why bye bye Dougie?'Warwickshire  lie3rd in the championship?15 counties would swap places with us
If this keeps up, we won't be third in the championship? We will slip like the Titanic.

Some truly shocking one day performances recently.... Our T20 qualification is in serious question too.

Dougie needs to pull this together quickly. We are at a pivotal moment.... My fear is that we collapse. Hope not.... If we do, then sadly he will have gone as far as he can with the Bears.

Everyone has their time. Big few weeks for Dougie and the team.
(19-07-2016, 06:55 PM)greenday28 Wrote: and an average fielder...
If "average" is a euphemism for "cr*p", I agree.  The last time I saw him in the field, I said that if Disney continue the trend of re-making their animated films with human actors, OH-D will be a shoo-in for the Bambi on ice sequence - see him in action here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=442tPdyLlwE
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Poor shot selection from some of the senior batsmen.

It they aren't performing, surely it is better to make the move onto the 'next generation'? Players like Aaron, Mark Adair, Matt Lamb & Andy Umeed need to be given the opportunity to show they are capable of playing at this level. Yes, there may be one or two bad results along the learning curve, but we aren't winning every game now.

Also, for those wanting Dougies head, remember we have the most highly qualified group of coaches we've ever had, and they are building a team, that is now in transition, with a lot of senior players approaching the end of their road. We have to allow the coaches time to develop a new, & younger side.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
I've seen quite a few coaches come and go over the years. Some went too late and some went to early... few go at the peak. I don't want Dougie to go... But history dictates that the warning signs are there.

I think we could see that this period of transition was coming... But batting collapses. Poor bowling, poor fielding and poor team selection is inexcusable.

The club will start to look at T20 gate receipts if we capitulate too many times and say they need results. If we collapse in the CC the members won't be happy. It's an important few weeks IMHO.