Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World T20
(03-04-2016, 07:15 PM)Warleybear Wrote: What a sexy way to loose after fighting to get back into the match :-(

A great tonic for West Indian cricket in what has been a great competition.

A great advert for T20 cricket which i do not normally like. Shame for Stokes but it can happen to anybody. Hope it boosts the game in the WI.
GUTTED
me too, shows the weakness of just trying to bowl yorkers at the death. Batsmen know what to expect and if you miss your spot it goes out of the ground. Credit to the windies but they seem to have all the luck going for them. Firstly with Simmons in the semi, when out about 3 times and then in the final with Samuels and that catch which supposedly touched the ground.

I agree great competition!

We needed Woakes bowling the last over!!
Proud to be a Bear
Against my better judgment, I did watch some of the competition. Whilst a lot of it left me cold, I will give praise where it is due. This is to Joe Root and Virat Kohli who both showed that it is possible to score quickly using sheer class rather than over-developed muscles and a good eye. I really enjoyed watching them bat. Maybe there is hope for the format yet....
Defeats the object,the non cricket fan needs to see crude slogs for6
(04-04-2016, 03:07 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Against my better judgment, I did watch some of the competition. Whilst a lot of it left me cold, I will give praise where it is due. This is to Joe Root and Virat Kohli who both showed that it is possible to score quickly using sheer class rather than over-developed muscles and a good eye. I really enjoyed watching them bat. Maybe there is hope for the format yet....

Yes 100% agree, the two innings Kohli played against Australia and Windies was the best I saw. Root also is a very skillful batsman. It seems to me the hitters come off a lot less often. The Windies seem to have more of them than other sides though. So if one fails another may come off.

(04-04-2016, 03:11 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Defeats the object,the non cricket fan needs to see crude slogs for6

I didnt think so....IMHO a lot of skill appreciated by the majority.... but then ive only been watching cricket through five decades.
I agree partially but how much of hitting sixes is down to skill or just the weight of modern day bats and muscle power. Really they dont have to come out the middle of the bat anymore to go for six. Watching Kohli placement of boundaries against the Aussies, now that about skill and not bat size or power. T20 can bring a lot of skill but a lot of raw power too.

(04-04-2016, 10:23 PM)Warleybear Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 03:11 PM)narsty simon Wrote: Defeats the object,the non cricket  fan needs to see crude slogs for6

I didnt think so....IMHO a lot of skill appreciated by the majority....  but then ive only been watching cricket through five decades.

I wonder in that time how many3/4day games you've watched from start to finish,cos that's the fascination  of proper cricket, you've  said on here you only like segments of the proper game,you can't  really  appreciate  the ebbs&flows unless  you witness the match unfolding&not from the back of the hollies as far away  from the action as you can get
I read your post and laughed and laughed.... really cheered me up. Thanks Simon.... :-)