Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World T20
It's going to be a tough final for us to win !!
LE - aka John
Yes got to get there first but I would expect India to beat the Windies. Great win for the Afghans today.

Easy, brilliant performance

Yes, great win today. Tomorrow's semi-final should be a great game too.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Easy win for India i predict.

(30-03-2016, 07:03 PM)Paul Wrote: Easy win for India i predict.
Don't tell that to Mr Gayle.
(30-03-2016, 07:03 PM)Paul Wrote: Easy win for India i predict.

As Darren Sammy has been quoted as saying:
"It feels like David and Goliath, but people tend to forget David won the fight,"
(27-03-2016, 10:19 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: It's going to be a tough final for us to win !!

I said it first !!!!!!!!!!!!

That has to be England's finest T20 performance. The death bowling, superb batting and the sensible way they batted once the run rate was down around 6 an over.

Just a pity our captain won't join in singing the national anthem :-)

Don't write Windies off just yet - if Gayle perform s and they get Kholi out cheaply who knows what might happen.
LE - aka John
Maybe but I feel like India and England have the momentum now. The teams that start the best don't normally go on and win tournaments. Not sure why some of the players choose not to sing the national anthem, they do in football.

About the match I agree. They were going very well until Moeen took the wicket of Williamson and Roy just made the target look easy. I do like the look of Roy even if he is a Surrey player

(30-03-2016, 09:28 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote:
(27-03-2016, 10:19 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: It's going to be a tough final for us to win !!

I said it first !!!!!!!!!!!!

That has to be England's finest T20 performance. The death bowling, superb batting and the sensible way they batted once the run rate was down around 6 an over.

Just a pity our captain won't join in singing the national anthem :-)

Don't write Windies off just yet - if Gayle perform s and they get Kholi out cheaply who knows what might happen.

Didn't happen. What do you think? All depends on Gayle I think

They should have got Kohli out for 1 - 2 chances to run him out off just one ball and then another run out missed later on and then he was dropped right at the end. In 20 over cricket that almost says game over, then Gayle was bowled by a beauty so I think it is game over now. I doubt WI can make a game of it now - but who knows.................
LE - aka John
....and David beats Goliath.
Yes, who knows.................. Great to see others in the team stepping up to win the game.

Looking forward to the final now.
LE - aka John
very bad from India. Two no balls when they got Simmons out twice. unforgiveable especially from Ashwin.

Fantastic competition once again. I am so pleased that the West Indies made it to the final.... It will be a boost for Carribean cricket.

However.... Let's hope England win tomorrow!
What a shame the majority of people were unable to see any in UK and as a result I wonder how many people know it's happening.
LE - aka John
[-] The following 1 user Likes Leicester Exile's post:
Warleybear
Totally agreed. I've used now tv and the BBCs web site that shows clips. On the radio it's been the new talk sport 2 channel and BBC 5 extra.
Stunning batting in the last over. Not the greatest bowling from Stokes, but they still had to be hit.

A great final, fought to the death.
A number of what ifs in the game - Dropped catch, caught behind being reviewed and a couple of almost run outs any one of which might have changed the game. I suppose that's what T20 cricket is all about.

Most enjoyable game and at least the result will do WI cricket a power of good on the islands.
LE - aka John
What a sexy way to loose after fighting to get back into the match :-(

A great tonic for West Indian cricket in what has been a great competition.