Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World T20
Quite Paul - with so many Internationals (Test and ODI) I am waiting for the public to get tired of it all. ECB are missing the old SHowbiz saying - leave the audience wanting more.
LE - aka John
(18-03-2016, 08:01 PM)Warleybear Wrote: .... Im just a tad fed up with the negativity from some regarding T20. Ive come to the conclusion that those who dont like it dont like professional cricket... they hanker for some amateur world of the 1920s. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.... but they seem to spend more time being negative in a very negative way, rather than understanding that negativity is a danger to the whole game and that includes the longer format. T20 brings in money that the game desperately needs...  it brings modernity that youth that may replenish many an ageing county following and new skills that drive other forms of the game forward. I could go on and on.... but those who dont like T20 will continue to froth at the mouth in their rabid attempts to be destructive.

Anyway... IMHO two excellent games today that were great adverts for the whole game at the heighest level that will lift the games profile.  I for one thought Englands win was sensational.... a remarkable run chase that I rejoice in. Fortunately I suspect that outside the rump core of sadly rabid purists that I am not alone.
Don't like professional cricket?,I intend to do all16 championship matches this season,how about you?!
(19-03-2016, 05:22 PM)narsty simon Wrote:
(18-03-2016, 08:01 PM)Warleybear Wrote: .... Im just a tad fed up with the negativity from some regarding T20. Ive come to the conclusion that those who dont like it dont like professional cricket... they hanker for some amateur world of the 1920s. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.... but they seem to spend more time being negative in a very negative way, rather than understanding that negativity is a danger to the whole game and that includes the longer format. T20 brings in money that the game desperately needs...  it brings modernity that youth that may replenish many an ageing county following and new skills that drive other forms of the game forward. I could go on and on.... but those who dont like T20 will continue to froth at the mouth in their rabid attempts to be destructive.

Anyway... IMHO two excellent games today that were great adverts for the whole game at the heighest level that will lift the games profile.  I for one thought Englands win was sensational.... a remarkable run chase that I rejoice in. Fortunately I suspect that outside the rump core of sadly rabid purists that I am not alone.
Don't like professional cricket?,I intend to do all16 championship matches this season,how about you?!

It's OK for you to be negative&slag off 50 over cricket  though!
Watching the SA v Afghanistan game, online, with an open mind.

Yet again, really impressed with the batting of Quinton De Kock, as I thought from the first time I saw him play, in a U19 international at Northampton, he has a very special talent & one of the most entertaining batsmen to watch, a very good keeper too.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Agree about De Kock he's a real talent

like the look of the new zealand side. They have all bases covered. Other teams have their weaknesses. England poor seamers, South Africa limited attack and lack of depth to their batting. India obviously have home advantage but cant see any of the asian countries other than them winning it. England have a chance if they can sort out the seam attack. Topley has to go. Windies are also a threat with so many of their players being in the ipl

England not going well at the moment - 5 down for 50 - embarrassing moment looms
LE - aka John
The partnership between Moeen and Willey turned the game on its head. Should be comfortable from here. Morgan out of sorts though

It's a good job Moeen and Willey turned up - we won simply because of what they scored in the last 3 overs.
LE - aka John
yes spot on. Interesting match here. Can Bangladesh get 147?

bangladesh what a choke 2 of 3 balls and lose by a run
Brain dead slogging did it for them at the end. Should have just gone for ground shots.
LE - aka John
Yes game was in the bag.

Today was the first day I have sat and watched both games. Two very exciting games that could so easily have produced different results.
I think it's a shame, though, that for a world cup the review systems are not being used.

Need to cheer on the Windies now.
LE - aka John
(23-03-2016, 11:16 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Today was the first day I have sat and watched both games. Two very exciting games that could so easily have produced different results.
I think it's a shame, though, that for a world cup the review systems are not being used.

Need to cheer on the Windies now.

I'm glad it isn't England would be out

Another great game of t20. Been an excellent competition

Great entertainment and great win.
LE - aka John
So looks like we meet NZ in the semi-final. As they have won all 4 of their games I reckon they are due a defeat.
LE - aka John
Yes tough to call. They have a superior allround bowling attack but England out gun them with the bat

Wow Kohli. genius.