Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World T20
(11-03-2016, 06:46 PM)Warleybear Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 06:35 PM)Terry Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 06:20 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: So Asia has been moved south,then :-)

I blame global warming

I blame it on the EU....
Well, yes, that too.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
And Corbyn

and the Scottish Nationals
LE - aka John
I wonder if the weight of all those migrants leaving the Middle East has tilted the earth's axis and tipped South Asia into the southern hemisphere. It's just a thought but I've already run it past Nigel Farage and he thinks it has legs and is worth pursuing.  Mind you, he says the same about the barmaid in his local pub.
Really pleased to see Afghanistan doing so well. They should fancy their chances of beating England.
(12-03-2016, 11:16 PM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Really pleased to see Afghanistan doing so well. They should fancy their chances of beating England.
Honestly?

Anything's possible in the t20 slog,1 flukey inns,lll ins. wins the game ,a proper match,no conest,England win by an inns.& plenty,warley can get as prickly as he likes but the longer the format,the more likely the better team wins,cricket's all about taking20 wickets& batting properly ie building an inns., not slogging a quick40& getting out,more exciting to the unitiated but not to anyone who understands the game
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
Paul
It's good to see the ICC helping the ECB to prepare for the new domestic set up by demonstrating what happens when you play a T20 tournament in a block and the weather is bad.
Of course 4/5 day cricket, 50 overs and T20 are different formats.... some of those who seem to, for the want of a better word, hate T20 seem to have a strong fasination with it? Its not all about luck and slogging.... in the same way championship cricket isnt about one man and his dog attendances. For the game to survive we need to be a happy cricket family...... sniping about T20 as a format wont help.... I dont like 50 overs... I go to very few of those games and personally think that the longer format and T20 would surfice... but I recognise that there is an audience for that format.... excellent.... You wont find me saying that anything played with a white ball isnt proper cricket. The more interest around the world in our wonderful game the better. .. and T20 is a great format for that ....I suppose with some Ill have to agree to disagree. ...

I hope Afganistan do well.... not too well against England though.... it would be good for that country.
come on simon stop sitting on the fence say what you really feel
Some observations after watching all of the Netherlands v Ireland match.

1) six overs a side is too short for a game
2) The Netherlands side were a lot sharper & neater in the field
3) George Dockerell bowled an exceptionally good spell
4) Paul Van Meekeren would do a good job for a county this season
5) With an ageing squad, John Bracewell has got a major rebuilding job to even keep Ireland at their current level
6) The dutch side handled the pressure of the game better
7) it's unfair to the associate nations to effectively make them play an additional qualifying tournament.
8) The ground at Dharamasala is pretty good, and still looks like a proper cricket ground
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Good Mugabe's post:
Warleybear
I agree with all that.... its a shame so many of the smaller nations are out before the competition really starts....
Bet you can't wait for the next leap year warley
I just saw this interesting fact

http://sports-facts.top5.com/the-worlds-...e=4&isp1=1

I know you don't like 50 over cricket Warley but in global terms its way bigger than t20.

(13-03-2016, 01:05 AM)narsty simon Wrote: Anything's possible in the t20 slog,1 flukey inns,lll ins. wins the game ,a proper match,no conest,England win by an inns.& plenty,warley can get as prickly as he likes but the longer the format,the more likely the better team wins,cricket's all about taking20 wickets& batting properly ie building an inns., not slogging a quick40& getting out,more exciting to the unitiated but not to anyone who understands the game

Yes when you see 100 knocked off 30 balls, its no longer a novelty. Its quite boring now seeing sixes knocked all over the place.

Delighted to see that NZ won the first game.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
I just don't buy into sixes being boring.... What next ... Too much brilliant fielding? I heard one of the TMS T20 refuseniks mention this on air the other day.... Why was he commentating? The cash? I'm sorry but why do so many people who don't like the basic concept of T20 spend so much time discussing the details. Sixes, fours, brilliant fielding and superb bowling are what the game is about. Soon people will be saying there are too many balls in an an over or too many people watching....

Anyway ... Very interesting game between NZ and India today.... I will admit I didn't see the game following that path.... Indeed I thought once NZ had not got past 130 that it was all over. The pitch must have been fairly slow? NZ v Australia will be interesting....
Too much of a good thing and all that.

I'm sure that what some at the ECB say about the county championship ;-)

Only four sixes in today's game.... Plenty of wickets though :-)
The joy of cricket is an even competition between bat and ball, requiring a balanced set of skills that are only fully shown and developed in longer forms of the game.

The 20 over slog game, especially when played with stupidly short boundaries, not only reduces the range of skills required, but also makes the game a very unequal contest.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
The joy of cricket is an even competition between bat and ball, requiring a balanced set of skills that are only fully shown and developed in longer forms of the game.

The 20 over slog game, especially when played with stupidly short boundaries, not only reduces the range of skills required, but also makes the game a very unequal contest.
There are GOOD Mugabe's