Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Future of County Cricket
Eventually those with the power to change things come round to the views expressed on this forum - we just need patience
LE - aka John
Comments from Andy Flower about player development,

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/2...evelopment
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
The problem is... Would anyone want to miss out on ££££s for playing three hours cricket two or three times a week?
Especially as they, possibly, will be receiving additional undeclared & untaxed income from illegal bookmakers for spot and/or match fixing!

I feel it has now reached the side that, unless proven otherwise, all franchise based T20 competitions, and games involving certain countries should be considered to be tainted and untrustworthy.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
I see Sri Lanka, England, India and Australia test teams are in the news... So where would it stop?
How many county matches have the ECB, in their infinite wisdom, scheduled for this Bank Holiday Monday when so many people are not working or at school and therefore could go to watch?
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Terry's post:
Warleybear
Terry...spot on... It doesn't matter what your views on the structure of county cricket is.... This is one thing we can all agree on. My wife this morning even commented on it. It seems to happen every year since they stopped the forty over league that ran through the summer.... When there was a home and away feel to the season.

There is not enough cricket played during the summer IMHO...and too many blank spaces. A lack of cricket on BH weekends is totally wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warleybear's post:
Mad Brummie
I sense some sexism here, if you were all desperate to watch cricket today, what's wrong with the women's game
Hmmmm Simon. Okay... :-)

But I still find it shocking that on a BH weekend the latest scores section for first class and white ball county cricket says... No fixtures found for today.
The game is not just about, or indeed for, professionals women and club players are part of cricket too-in fact it's less cynical with none of this 'I'm too tired to play and need a rest' nonsense
I have said it so many times - Cricket needs to realise they are in the entertainment business which means, whereever possible, playing when the general population are not working.
LE - aka John
Especially as the season isn't that long compared to the length of our winter this year...