Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Future of County Cricket
Good point TGM...

Going back to that digital board... if the club seriously cant get permission. .. then why not put one up in the club shop window?
I do believe tha the club has been looking at other options since to try and get a solution that can work. Another high priority is replacing the stadium scoreboards with more advanced screens inside the ground.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Personally I didn't want to look at the scoreboard at Edgbaston today ;-)
If a screen isn't possible,maybe bearsfans posters could have a rota for operating a sandwich board up and down the road (and outside the chip shop). Any volunteers?
I know someone who will volunteer INSIDE the chip shop :)
LE - aka John
I was at Headingley today.

Everything branded as Yorkshire CCC. Nothing as Headingley or Leeds!
(01-09-2016, 11:44 PM)Jon Wrote: I was at Headingley today.

Maybe you should go and support Yorkshire instead then? You only seem happy when you're complaining about something!
Proud to be a Bear
Yorkshire are only tenants at Headingly, the entire stadium complex is owned by the property arm of the University. and they don't have a viable events & hospitality business to support the cricket.

The Edgbaston stadium is home for a viable, year round conference and functions business, that sells to customers who are not involved, or interested, in cricket, but chose the venue because of the quality of the facilities and services offered. Therefore, using "Edgbaston" as the brand for that business is a sensible decision.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
(02-09-2016, 06:25 AM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Yorkshire are only tenants at Headingly, the entire stadium complex is owned by the property arm of the University. and they don't have a viable events & hospitality business to support the cricket.

The Edgbaston stadium is home for a viable, year round conference and functions business, that sells to customers who are not involved, or interested, in cricket, but chose the venue because of the quality of the facilities and services offered. Therefore, using "Edgbaston" as the brand for that business is a sensible decision.

It's Warwickshire County Cricket Club and its headquarters are Edgbaston which was known as the County Ground.

The ground should be secondary to the Club. A brand which has been established since 1882.
(02-09-2016, 01:04 AM)Exiled Bear Wrote:
(01-09-2016, 11:44 PM)Jon Wrote: I was at Headingley today.

Maybe you should go and support Yorkshire instead then? You only seem happy when you're complaining about something!

No because I was born in Warwickshire, played for Warwickshire and support Warwickshire County Cricket Club.
https://www.acast.com/worldcricketshow/e...y?autoplay

A good chat about the proposals for next season with Elizabeth Ammon who was commentating on the Somerset game fast forward to 38 mins
I would like to see 'The bear and ragged staff' emblem around the ground more. Never mind branding and all the 'edgbaston' logo plastered everywhere. We know exactly where we are. I thought it was a county club and it should ******** well say so right at the front of the ground and elsewhere.
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulbear's post:
Jon
(08-09-2016, 08:59 PM)paulbear Wrote: I would like to see 'The bear and ragged staff' emblem around the ground more. Never mind branding and all the 'edgbaston' logo plastered everywhere. We know exactly where we are. I thought it was a county club and it should ******** well say so right at the front of the ground and elsewhere.

Well according to Jon it's sacrilege to even call ourselves the Bears so I'm not sure that even that would go down well with everyone! (I agree though)
Proud to be a Bear
(08-09-2016, 10:25 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote:
(08-09-2016, 08:59 PM)paulbear Wrote: I would like to see 'The bear and ragged staff' emblem around the ground more. Never mind branding and all the 'edgbaston' logo plastered everywhere. We know exactly where we are. I thought it was a county club and it should ******** well say so right at the front of the ground and elsewhere.

Well according to Jon it's sacrilege to even call ourselves the Bears so I'm not sure that even that would go down well with everyone! (I agree though)

No please don't keep misrepresenting what I say.

I think Paul's post is spot on. The bear and ragged staff are the coat of arms of Warwickshire and should be all the branding we need. I've often thought there should be a bear and ragged staff above the new pavilion as the focal point. Better than e shaped floodlights.

As for the "Bears" business it only started in the 90s - I was following Warwickshire County Cricket Club long before then as did several generations of my family before me.
There will come a time, soon, when youngsters will ask why the team is called The Bears and why are fans saying C'mon you bears - and no-one will know the answer.
LE - aka John
(09-09-2016, 12:17 AM)Jon Wrote:

I think Paul's post is spot on. The bear and ragged staff are the coat of arms of Warwickshire and should be all the branding we need. I've often thought there should be a bear and ragged staff above the new pavilion as the focal point. Better than e shaped floodlights.

As for the "Bears" business it only started in the 90s - I was following Warwickshire County Cricket Club long before then as did several generations of my family before me.

So you want the logo (Bear and Ragged Staff) to be all round the ground but then we're not allowed to call ourselves the Bears? Bizarre.
Proud to be a Bear
(09-09-2016, 12:17 AM)Jon Wrote:

If the "Bears" business has been going for a quarter of a century, how much longer would it have to continue before it was OK by you?
Sums up you guys, more concerned with 'names' than the team's fight against relegation
[-] The following 1 user Likes narsty simon's post:
stingray
Oh! No it doesn't some US up. I have been a member for 27 consecutive years and it breaks my heart to see us in a position where we could go down. I have cried at results good and bad and I will shout as loud as anyone at Lords and then Edgbaston during our last game. It just matters to me that we are trying to move too quickly to be branded and the 'Birmingham Bears' and 'Edgbaston' logo everywhere really **** me off. If the name of the club is not on the front of the building then it sums up where the people with the purse strings want us to be.
Interesting move by Northants:
http://www.northantscricket.com/club/new...p-of-nccc/