Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICC T20 Qualifiers
Isn't Andy Moles the Afganistan Coach?
LE - aka John
Yes
(22-07-2015, 02:23 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: It's not unknown for teams from that's region to deliberately lose in exchange for significant pay outs from illegal bookmakers, just think back to the "victory" in the World Cup that lead to Bangladesh prematurely being given test status.

Actually Hong Kong are a very good side that are well coached, and have a developing pool of players to select from.

You're right.  Strange things happen east of Birmingham.  That would explain Mervyn Westfield and Essex.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
It looks like PNG will lose to Afghanistan, being 55-5 of 12.4 as I write.

As expected Afghanistan & Oman clinch the final two places in the ICC t20 world cup.

The semi finals & final of the tournament take place at the weekend.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Thanks for the updates... Appreciated.

So if I've read this correctly, 2016 will have the 10 Test-playing teams plus Scotland, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, Afghanistan and Oman. Great that quite a few of the associate countries will be playing in the T20 World Cup...
Thanks WB, good to know someone appreciates my posts!

Yes that's correct. The 2016 T20 world cup will be a 16 team tournament, played at 10 venues.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
A lot of dead matches then.

I think it's excellent that associate members get to play against the bigger nations. Certainly Ireland and Netherlands have competed well in this format. From what I remember (it may have changed) they are trying to stop countries like Ireland playing in the 50 over format?
In the tournament semi finals today, Scotland comfortably defeated Hong Kong and the Netherlands had a very comfortable victory over Ireland.

Scotland & Netherlands play the final tomorrow to decide who will be the highest seeded qualifier for the world cup next year.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
The Netherlands seem to have taken to T20.....
Billy back soon then
Don't forget the all important third place play off ;-)
Indeed!

Both games are live on sky sports and the ICC website
There are GOOD Mugabe's
The 3rd place game was abandoned with any play due to the weather.

The prospects for the final which should be an excellent and very competitive game between the best two teams in the tournament are poor.
There are GOOD Mugabe's