Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
England v New Zealand
Dermot comes to the rescue:

'Eoin Morgan has hailed the contribution of Dermot Reeve, the former England all-rounder, who spent a day with England's limited-overs squad in an advisory capacity.

[*]The news of Reeve's involvement with the squad - revealed by ESPNcricinfo on Sunday - surprised some, but Morgan countered that Reeve's experience as a hugely successful and innovative limited-overs players rendered him an ideal voice in the dressing room.

[*]Morgan also explained that Reeve's perspective on the role of the game in players' lives, could also prove beneficial to young men who the management hope will relax and enjoy the experience.

[*]"We are trying to connect as much as we can with past players and to have someone like Dermot around is very good," Morgan said. "He is a very knowledgeable character. It's important - particularly for the younger guys coming into the squad - to recognise that there is a lot more to playing for England than just pulling on the jersey and he emphasised that. Simple points coming from him to younger guys who have looked up to him as kids hold a lot of weight." '
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Dermot was 30 years ahead of his time. Great move!
Looked like Dermot's intervention was paying off until Morgan and Root departed. At least Morgan got a score at last.
LE - aka John
i love how we have this new approach, new England, attacking mindset...and we are still 202/6 and likely to be bowled out. New faces, same result.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Not a full house at Edg and it's £20 after 5pm - also see lots of kids down there getting their education while the teachers have to take them.

So is all this due to the high prices nowadays.?
LE - aka John
(09-06-2015, 04:18 PM)Lilly Wrote: i love how we have this new approach, new England, attacking mindset...and we are still 202/6 and likely to be bowled out. New faces, same result.

We have now progressed to 323/6.

Ironically, it is the three players who were already there that have taken us to that score, not the exciting, attacking new faces...make of that what you will.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
(09-06-2015, 04:27 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Not a full house at Edg and it's £20 after 5pm - also see lots of kids down there getting their education while the teachers have to take them.

So is all this due to the high prices nowadays.?

Difficult to know what was a reasonable expectation for crowd size today.  On the one hand, the weather is OK, New Zealand have been playing good cricket in Tests and in the World Cup.  On the other hand, England were rubbish in the World Cup and attention may already be switching to the Australians and the Ashes.  Overall, I would have thought that 20,000 was not a bad crowd.
To be honest I dont even know how much a ticket was today.... I was priced out a couple of seasons ago..... and so dont even look for bargain tickets..... once you stop going.... you stop going.... and then outside an ashes test you get empty plastic seat syndrome.

Great performance by England with the bat.
Was that a record score. Its amazing how things can turn around so quickly. Good game for Rashid as well. Good wicket to bat first on.
Record ODI score for England.  Record ODI score in England.  Lots of praise for the pitch from the Sky team, so credit to our groundsman.
Another very one-sided 50 over game..... and for once it was England who dominated. Great performance by the team.... you could certainly hear the crowd when I drove by earlier.
Were you on the way to the chip shop?
The memories.... day off work... £50 ticket... chips.... and then it would p1 $$ down with rain ;-)

Has 400 become the new 300 in the last few seasons?
Yes I think so Warley thanks to t20. Whats next 500, 600, 1000 lol
Looks like Dermot has brought success to England
LE - aka John
(09-06-2015, 04:18 PM)Lilly Wrote: i love how we have this new approach, new England, attacking mindset...and we are still 202/6 and likely to be bowled out. New faces, same result.

From where I was sitting in my £15 seat (Stanley Barnes, members discounted price - no complaints there), it was a very good crowd, one which many grounds would love to have for a one day international. Great day, exciting cricket & Edgbaston showed yet again they excel at hosting the big occasion.
a little bit of roles reverse so far today.

Kane Williamson is class

Rashid out!

History repeats. I saw a Surrey v Yorkshire one day game when Rashid was quite a young kid. He had good figures until they asked him to bowl the 48th over. Azhar Mahmood took him for exactly the same 28, if memory serves.