Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T20 v Durham
Good to see Ian Bell back for the Bears.
http://www.edgbaston.com/2301/durham-jet...blast.html
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Great stuff! Really glad that I'll be there to see him play. Any other bears fans going?
Proud to be a Bear
For anyone else in the USA, the match will be broadcast live on ESPN360.
Great innings from Bell
Fantastic knock by Belly and another good win.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
Bell really did show the difference it makes when the top English players are available, as Buttler did for Lancashire last night.
A very enjoyable afternoon in the sun (even if it was pretty windy). Even though it was a decent target I never really felt concerned throughout our innings. Bell really is a class act, his innings was great to watch and I'm really looking forward to when he's with us for a longer period. He never underperforms for us.

Also, Durham's floodlights seem very tall, particularly given their scenic location. I'm surprised they managed to get planning permission for them.
Proud to be a Bear
Oh and one more thing - the win would have been a lot harder if Durham hadn't bowled so many no balls for height. I've never seen so many in a T20!
Proud to be a Bear
Excellent. . life is beautiful :-)
Hate 20/20

Hate "Birmingham" Bears

But love Ian Bell. Well played Ian. Great to see you scoring runs.
What a joy to see Bell recover his form - a perfect 90.
LE - aka John
The old phrase about "form is temporary, but class is permanent" comes to mind.

Sadly, too many in the media, and elsewhere, are unable to appreciate that.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
One thing again I was confused by was Rikki only having the two overs? Best economy again and he doesn't bowl out? Odd.
Paul fondled my onion bags.
(07-06-2015, 05:46 PM)Lilly Wrote: One thing again I was confused by was Rikki only having the two overs? Best economy again and he doesn't bowl out? Odd.

I presume it must be something to do with the match situation and the roles that each bowler has.

Is Bell going to be with us until the Ashes start now (assuming that he's picked for that)?
Proud to be a Bear
The newspaper report that I read said that he would be available for one CC match and five T20s, although I have to admit that I have n't looked at the fixture list to see whether that makes sense.
"Look at the results. Look at the table. Everything else is just opinion"
(07-06-2015, 10:36 PM)Kev Wrote: The newspaper report that I read said that he would be available for one CC match and five T20s, although I have to admit that I have n't looked at the fixture list to see whether that makes sense.

Thanks. I've just had a quick look at the fixtures and with the first Ashes test starting on the 8th July that means that we have 6 T20 matches and 2 Championship matches before then, but perhaps the ECB will want him training with the England team some of the time.
Proud to be a Bear
Could be but I believe Moeen Ali is to play 3 championship games for Worcester. Maybe they think he needs more practice than Bell.
Watching the game on Sky, the crowd seemed pretty thin. Saturday afternoon; sun shining; England players on view. What more can you do to bring a crowd in? Or maybe T20 isn't the bottomless crock of gold we were told it was.
(08-06-2015, 07:30 AM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Watching the game on Sky, the crowd seemed pretty thin. Saturday afternoon; sun shining; England players on view. What more can you do to bring a crowd in? Or maybe T20 isn't the bottomless crock of gold we were told it was.

Although sunny, there was a gale force wind blowing so I might have thought twice about going.
(08-06-2015, 07:30 AM)GrizzlyBear Wrote: Watching the game on Sky, the crowd seemed pretty thin. Saturday afternoon; sun shining; England players on view. What more can you do to bring a crowd in? Or maybe T20 isn't the bottomless crock of gold we were told it was.

Being at the game, it seemed like a pretty good crowd to me. The seating area under the pavilion was pretty full, although as I was in the lower part of the double decker stand I couldn't see what it was like on top. The sad truth is that there will be about 100x less people there when I go for the championship match in July. And as Terry says, it was very blowy, even by Chester-le-street standards and I've had some windy days there in the past.

Also, with the match being on Sky, I wonder whether that could have knocked a few off the attendance?
Proud to be a Bear