Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
County Championship 2015
(28-06-2015, 12:13 PM)Paul Wrote: Yes but its not taking the game around the county anyway. Lancashire have Liverpool, Southport and Blackpool. We get Ladywood. Great scenery

It can't be any worse than Courtaulds was in Coventry - hemmed in by factory buildings and brick walls.
"Look at the results. Look at the table. Everything else is just opinion"
(28-06-2015, 12:38 PM)Kev Wrote:
(28-06-2015, 12:13 PM)Paul Wrote: Yes but its not taking the game around the county anyway. Lancashire have Liverpool, Southport and Blackpool. We get Ladywood. Great scenery

It can't be any worse than Courtaulds was in Coventry - hemmed in by factory buildings and brick walls.

Yes lovely  Wink

The main Edgbaston support staff are only three miles away. This keeps costs to a minimum (most of them are fixed), reduces risk and provides additional facilities for the club. It also fulfills the club's ambition to extend itself in areas where there is a multicultural talent, low economic attainment and a spectator pool that has been neglected over the years. I was at Lords last year and I was shocked that all the 'spirit of cricket' awards were handed out to public school boys.... So this is a great way of spreading involvement from the wealthy few to the many. As Paul has said, if the number of games in the CC is reduced we won't need to be playing at Rugby school anyway.

The ladywood ground is very nice and it is wonderful to reopen this asset. Diversity of cricket for the club is a wonderful ambition and one in which the membership seemed to support.

Yes good point

Desperately need return to playing in Nuneaton and Coventry etc
And that is something the membership really do support and is in the Club's constitution

The Club is too Birmingham centred at the moment
(28-06-2015, 12:58 PM)Warleybear Wrote: The main Edgbaston support staff are only three miles away. This keeps costs to a minimum (most of them are fixed), reduces risk and provides additional facilities for the club. It also fulfills the club's ambition to extend itself in areas where there is a multicultural talent, low economic attainment and a spectator pool that has been neglected  over the years. I was at Lords last year and I was shocked that all the 'spirit of cricket' awards were handed out to public school boys.... So this is a great way of spreading involvement from the wealthy few to the many. As Paul has said, if the number of games in the CC is reduced we won't need to be playing at Rugby school anyway.

The ladywood ground is very nice and it is wonderful to reopen this asset. Diversity of cricket for the club is a wonderful ambition and one in which the membership seemed to support.

Don't blame the cricket administrators - surely the blame lies with the liberal left wing elite who decided games at school had to have no winners and losers and no cricket because that was elitist.
LE - aka John
Totally agree with that LE....... liberal left do gooders have a lot to answer for. The right also have dirty hands on this back in the 80s when they flogged off playing fields.
(28-06-2015, 03:18 PM)Jon Wrote: And that is something the membership really do support and is in the Club's constitution

The Club is too Birmingham centred at the moment

Yes I think we have missed an opportunity. The rename in t20 is quite appropriate really. Thats what we are now in reality Birmingham Bears. 

To get this thread back on track...

If we draw with Sussex, then we really need Durham and Yorkshire to draw or it's going to be difficult for us to catch up, unless we beat both Durham and Yorkshire when we play them.
Proud to be a Bear
I think Yorkshire will beat Durham, but theres still plenty of games left yet.

Sussex go below Worcester to 2nd from bottom after their defeat today

Somerset are far from safe. I was n't impressed with them generally over the course of our game with them (although Craig Overton looks a good prospect) and they have to play Worcester, Hampshire and Sussex in their final five games. The other two are against Yorkshire and ourselves.
"Look at the results. Look at the table. Everything else is just opinion"
Leicestershire's first Championship win at Grace Road since September 2012
2nd win this season actually for Leicestershire
LE - aka John
Yes... But at a price .... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/33936398

Firm favourites now for the wooden spoon. Since two division first four day cricket, Leics and Derbyshire hold four wooden spoons each.
The ex-bear will turn them round..........eventually
LE - aka John
(14-08-2015, 08:15 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: The ex-bear will turn them round..........eventually

Unless he is poached to join a bigger county that are looking for a Chief Executive.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
MMmmmmmmm I wonder who you have in mind, Terry !!
LE - aka John
(14-08-2015, 10:53 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: MMmmmmmmm I wonder who you have in mind, Terry !!

I couldn't possibly say!
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Hopefully Warwickshire will appoint someone who has the qualifications and experience to run a business the size of Warwickshire CCC and the associated businesses, and who is the best available candidate.

I understand from contacts close to Leicestershire that the person appointed was NOT the best candidate, but filled a pre determined 'profile'.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!