Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT car parking charges threat to a Warwickshire community cricket club
https://www.change.org/p/birmingham-coun...-coldfield

The 'left wing' Birmingham City Council have plans to impose car parking charges at five locations throughout the city, including Rectory Park. We believe that this will be detrimental to all who legitimately  use the park's facilities and to the activities of the various clubs which are situated in Rectory Park. This will mean anyone arriving by car for an event or to use the park for recreational purposes will have to pay to park their car, something that could result in a decrease in the park's usage and the activities of the various clubs.

If you support the motion 'NO CAR PARKING CHARGES IN RECTORY PARK' would you kindly sign our online petition.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Anything that helps keep the our council taxes down I agree with.
Why is this an important thread? Huh  Doesn't have anything to do with WCCC as far as I can tell.

It always amuses me when people get worked up about parking charges. Would you rather pay a couple of quid for parking or see more cuts to local services?
Proud to be a Bear
It is important as it concerns a club within Warwickshire, and the ability of the community to make use of the facilities offered by the club and the park. The original post, and provided link explain the situation fully.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Yes.... understand the concern. But everyone has a vote.... and how we use our limited resources on an increasing population is a choice everyone will soon have. The needs of these wonderful institutions versus the needs of these new challenges. Every vote for what ever party will decide these type of micro issues.

After seeing council tax bills double in several years in my council, it has been a relief to see approx a zero % increase in the last four. I understand that is not the case in Birmingham due to mal administration and the 'equal pay case'.... but im sure that anything that keeps council tax bills down in that area must be a relief?
(13-04-2015, 02:37 PM)Exiled Bear Wrote: Why is this an important thread? Huh  Doesn't have anything to do with WCCC as far as I can tell.

It always amuses me when people get worked up about parking charges. Would you rather pay a couple of quid for parking or see more cuts to local services?

Yes I quite agree.
(13-04-2015, 05:43 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: It is important as it concerns a club within Warwickshire, and the ability of the community to make use of the facilities offered by the club and the park.  The original post, and provided link explain the situation fully.

Well people who park there to go watch cricket at edgbaston is kind of an abuse of the previledge anyway. Its up to the club to provide parking facilities and they choose to charge for it. Its not the city's council's problem is it!

They even charge visitors to park in the hospital car parks. Nothing is free nowadays. I think if you were using the parks facilities and having a meal in the restaurant then you have case.
The trouble with the UK is this obsession to charge motorists the moment they stop the car. Country Parks run by the council in Leics are now charging £2.50 to park regardless of thbe length of your stay. The people that use it pay council tax so why this need to charge again. Other countries are not so keen to hit the car owner.
LE - aka John
The new Sutton Coldfield Town Council takes over some devolved local provisions on 1st May.

Hopefully one of the first things they'll do is bring back the old parking apartheid whereby Sutton residents get a badge to use their car parks for free and outsiders have to pay. 001_005
The obsession of the UK to tax people whereever they park continues unabated. Nottingham charge a tax for workers parking on their employer's PRIVATE land. Over here in France free parking continues at hospitals city centres and places of interest.

Go down to Port Solent outside Portsmouth - massive FREE car park for anyone wanting to spend time enjoying the marina, shops and restaurants. As a result visitors support the local businesses. Simple.
LE - aka John
If you have a garage or a dropped curb and drive then you should be charged £500 a year. On crowded roads, it should be parking permits at £200 each. Parking at work an extra £350. I have a car.... but during these difficult times we must all feel the pain. Birmingham is leading the way... it now charges on a Sunday for town centre road parking and £7 for two hours in the bull ring car park. Motorway tolls and congestion charging should also be brought in. Hospital car parking charges are helping pay for the new lease lend hospitals.... the cream for their builders. All vehicles entering the UK should have to pay a £ 300 road license which is valid for 21 days.
(19-04-2016, 08:53 PM)Warleybear Wrote: If you have a garage or a dropped curb and drive then you should be charged £500 a year. On crowded roads, it should be parking permits at £200 each. Parking at work an extra £350. I have a car.... but during these difficult times we must all feel the pain. Birmingham is leading the way... it now charges on a Sunday for town centre road parking and £7 for two hours in the bull ring car park. Motorway tolls and congestion charging should also be brought in. Hospital car parking charges are helping pay for the new lease lend hospitals.... the cream for their builders. All vehicles entering the UK should have to pay a £ 300 road license which is valid for 21 days.

And no doubt there should be a £5 charge for stopping to buy fish and chips.

Thanks for telling me what they charge for trying to spend money in Birmingham (which would aid the local economy). I will make sure my money goes elsewhere - e.g. Amazon who do their best not to pay taxes in UK.
LE - aka John
Birmingham is empty during the week... security concerns may not be real ... but perception is king ... The big expensive car parks are empty. No incentive for many to go there... no off peak parking charges.... just lots of migrants walking aimlessly around window shoping. No wonder shops like BHS are in trouble.... The solution. .. put the price of the car parks at the bull ring etc again. £5 an hour should help ?
(21-04-2016, 05:41 PM)Warleybear Wrote: Birmingham is empty during the week... security concerns may not be real ... but perception is king ... The big expensive car parks are  empty. No incentive for many to go there... no off peak parking charges.... just lots of migrants walking aimlessly around window shoping. No wonder shops like BHS are in trouble....  The solution. .. put the price of the car parks at the bull ring etc again. £5 an hour should help ?
Warley - if you're not careful, your tongue will go right through your cheek.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
And I thought he was being serious.

What the council should do is put a £10 and hour charge on all car park spaces at supermarkets - that will make the Bull Ring more attractive.
LE - aka John
Cracking idea LE... I also think you should be able to buy (£700?) a VIP parking badge that allows you to park on any road for free. Bit like my neighbour who uses his mothers free disabled car parking space near the house. She's been dead for four years.

Bring back a window tax and introduce a toilet 'plop' tax?

Seriously go into the Bull ring car park during a normal week day... Loads of empty spaces .... Full car parks = people spending in shops. Go in the evening and the car parks are empty.... Still expensive.... and empty. Don't know how shops like BHS are surviving?
Sadly since my last post, sadly BHS and Austin Reed have gone into administration..... Good luck to the thousands of employees involved in this.