Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Membership Cards
Received my 2015 card in this morning's post. Don't recall ever receiving my card as early as this before. Plenty of time for me to put it away somewhere safe - and forget where I put it when the first match comes round !
"Look at the results. Look at the table. Everything else is just opinion"
Yes was a nice surprise it came today. Season getting closer folks.
Whilst this year I actually didnt renew after years of being a member, it was always a special moment..... Lets hope spring comes quick!
go on warley this is still time to renew, you know you want to
Lots of great 50 Over cricket and a trip to Rugby.

What more could you want :-)

Sorry, but Stratford is no longer fit for First Class cricket.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Gas and Electric are coming down in price and petrol already has so I'm sure Mrs WB will agree!!!!!!!!!!!
LE - aka John
It's all very true....  Smile

But I think I will enjoy paying per match home and away and make something special of my trips to a game. Over recent times it's become harder to justify membership. So I'm certainly not knocking anything... I just want to be free to go when I like, buy my chips and pay at the gate.... and I even suspect that strangely I'll get to go more often... Under the Mrs WB radar  Angel

I'll see how it goes......
Ah method on your madness - just make sure you have enough change for the chips Tongue
LE - aka John
(23-02-2015, 10:02 PM)Warleybear Wrote: It's all very true....  Smile

But I think I will enjoy paying per match home and away and make something special of my trips to a game. Over recent times it's become harder to justify membership. So I'm certainly not knocking anything... I just want to be free to go when I like, buy my chips and pay at the gate.... and I even suspect that strangely I'll get to go more often... Under the Mrs WB radar  Angel

I'll see how it goes......

Being a members isn't just about attending matches,the events the club lay on in& out of season are excellent but don't take my word for it,try1 out for yourself,oh you can't,you're no longer a member!
(23-02-2015, 10:42 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: Ah method on your madness - just make sure you have enough change for the chips Tongue

You've worked it out LE  Eatdrink020

and of course there is nothing wrong with being a fan who pays at the gate to watch the Bears both home and away.... Well at least I hope not ? Wink
i told some one yesterday about how much i pay for my membership and he could not get his hat off, he said was that just for county when i said no every home game part from internationals he said what a bargain, and im with simon the membership is just not about access to every Bears game its about the other bits and bobs with it, although i didnt make nets day this year, it is a great morning out, and the food is great too.
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
You are right about membership prices - they are a bargain compared to any other professional sport. I suppose the moan is that so much play takes place during the working week and if it rains more play is missed. When I was working I managed around 20 days which is not much more than £10 a time for full member and if a retired City End member it's down to a fiver. Peanuts. Compare that to a goal-less game at Villa or a Championship game at St Andrews and I now feel so guilty for having moaned a bit in the past.
LE - aka John
Most people agree,membership is great value,the moaners are those who only watch t20 cricket on a Saturday afternoon,never use the excellent facilities or go to any events the club lay on
You don't even need to moan about that..... The good news is that there is a season ticket for those who only watch T20.... 

However, T20 represents only a small proportion of cricket I watch.... I generally watch the four day game (I do not like the 50 over format) from the comfort of the EH stand with a bag of chips. 

Membership is good value for many people..... In 2015 I have chosen to pay at the gate. Walk up and pay at the gate is still hopefully seen as being an important income to the club and hopefully my support will be welcome by the club.  
Cricket Membership is woefully undervalued. May be good news for the punters but not so much for the clubs.

Let's face it, £110 (or thereabouts) for City Membership and more than 40 days of cricket has got to be the best bargain in sport in this country.

And with most T20 games on a Friday now and the majority of CC games starting at a weekend, there's plenty of cricket to watch. Fill your boots!
A full adult membership for £110? Stunning value ..... Clearly its not advertised enough.
It's a closed shop (hence not advertised) but loads of current Members are in it. Seems quite a disparity that the club will sell at this price to many but new members then jump to £200.
That price differential was brought in when the new "pavillion" was opened. Because members had had a season or two confined to section 9 at the City end members were given a choice of continuing to stay at the City end or pay extra to allow access to the "posh" members area in the new "pavillion". At the same time they did state that City End membership would not be available to new members. That meant anyone who changed to new pav. would not be able to change back to City End - likewise if you ceased your membership for a time.
LE - aka John