Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup
No problems with reducing the number of teams in the finals tournament, if there is a fair regionally based qualifying competition.

3 African Teams
3 Australiasia/pacific
3 European/North America
3 Asia/south America

Qualification from each region to be by ICC rankings or a qualifying tournament.
It is important that all areas of the world are represented.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Agree with MB it is to long should be two games a day.
(16-02-2015, 03:21 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: No problems with reducing the number of teams in the finals tournament, if there is a fair regionally based qualifying competition.

3 African Teams
3 Australiasia/pacific
3 European/North America
3 Asia/south America

Qualification from each region to be by ICC rankings or a qualifying tournament.

What about Antarctica and the North Pole?
You could just have the top 12 teams in the ICC rankings.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
(16-02-2015, 03:21 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: No problems with reducing the number of teams in the finals tournament, if there is a fair regionally based qualifying competition.

3 African Teams
3 Australiasia/pacific
3 European/North America
3 Asia/south America

I think talent is so thinly spread in International cricket that you can't have regionilised qualifications. Fact is you have 1 top African side in South Africa, Zimbabwe and the rest are associate members. You have three automatic qualifiers in the asian district and then theres Bangadesh and Afghanistan. 3 Europe/North America is nonsense. Theres only England a full test playing nation. 

I think the 8 top nations automatically qualify and then the best 2 associate members automatic and then a competition between the rest to decide another 2. For me 12 is right!
The West Indies are a test playing nation, actually group of nations, and are within that area, as well as three leading associate nations in Scotland Holland and Ireland.

Both Kenya and Namibia have had strong sides over the past few years.

Under a regional system the best sides qualify anyway, if a nation isn't strong enough to finish in the top 3 of their regional qualifying competition, they don't deserve to be in the finals tournament.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
No your idea is flawed because it doesn't take into account the strength of each region.

look at the latest rankings
http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/con...11271.html

5 countries from asia are in the top 12.

Anyway Scotland would never ever qualify under your system.
On current form England may not!

As previously stated, the top 3 sides from the regional qualifying tournament go through to the finals, it a very simple, fair and meritocratic system, that rewards performance, and gives "equality of opportunity".
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Scotland bat first.
A poor start for Scotland, losing two wickets in the second over.
Sadly Freddie Coleman was omitted from the team.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Yes turned it off now Macleod out and no Coleman. Maybe its good he's not picked for this one!
Sadly Scotish cricket is not moving forward.... They need a World Cup win. Sadly I fear a debacle... Let's hope I'm wrong. Its important more 'nations' are involved at a competitive level.... Although it was great to see Ireland do the business...... It's why the T20 World Cup is so important.... and why perhaps ultimately the 50 over game may struggle?
Scottish cricket is quite embarrassing they was 12/4 I might get to watch before bed lol
Keep Calm i am a Warwickshire Bear
Now 22-4 off 8.4 a bit of a mismatch
There are GOOD Mugabe's
A recovery then!
Big recovery now -42-4 at more than 3 an over
LE - aka John
A very strange game, especially with the Scotland team emulating the batting of the England captain :-)

Hopefully they'll perform better in their remaining games, & give Freddie a chance to play.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
The problem with one day cricket - you pay good money to see a 50 over contest only to find the game is effectively over after just 5 overs.
LE - aka John
New Zealand have some good bowlers and the conditions were ideal for them.  I reckon Bradman would have struggled to get a bat on some of the early deliveries - and I'm not talking about my short-sighted neighbour Fred Bradman.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Very true Terry. Scotland recovered well and made a game of it. Credit to them for that!
Tim Southee strikes early, could be a long night for England.
There are GOOD Mugabe's