Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup
Well you'd think after all this time they'd want to win a world cup. Maybe they only care about the ashes.
Perhaps they do, but the ecb have also insisted that they have two "quota" players is the side.

A question, would you say someone selected as an all rounder who as bowled five expensive, wicket less overs over seven games, combined with scores of 13, 7, 4, 33 & 11 at a stricke rate of 54.83 is worthy of a place in the team?
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Bopara or Tredwell then
It seems everybody is coming out and saying Boycs has got it wrong about Morgan. Only two players average over 40 against Australia. Morgan is one and the best batsman in the world AB is the other.
Oh well, that went downhill very fast.

We should congratulate the captain on surviving one ball, it's something he's struggled to do recently.
(At time of writing)

A long innings, now survived four balls!

Obviously 6 balls was enough for him, a magnificent contribution of zero.

Why is he even in the squad?
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Morgan is nothing if not consistant.

All those experts who said Boycs was wrong should apologise.
LE - aka John
Good morning everyone. ...
A player with that record wouldn't keep his place in a club side.

The damage this defeat will do to our Net Run Rate means that we are going to have to win all our remaining games to be sure we qualify for the next stage of the competition.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Woakes and Taylor will win it for us !!!!!!!!!

If Morgan is a good captain he would drop himself for the next game.
LE - aka John
A surprise that after the first game Chris Woakes is the leading Warwickshire run scorer.

As for Morgan, is he a 'good captain'? I'd suggest that he isn't and in his current form he will have rapidly diminishing respect from the rest of the team. Also, some of us were saying that Morgan was over rated and not good enough long before Geoff Boycott made his comments yesterday.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Our bowling and fielding was rubbish. Boycs spot on today when he said he had them at 70 odd for 3 and let them off the hook. Our death bowling has been poor for some time. Forget the batting, we were never in the game. Yes Moeen shouldn't have tried to pull a good mength ball but thats his game and we needed 7 an over. Bell and Woakes battted well but it was never enough. Taylor was the one shining light really. But we won't do anything in the world cup if we dont bowl and field better than that.

2 other things, Why bring Ballance in now when he hasn't played in Sri Lanka or any of the warm up games except Pakistan. Why drop Bopara and leave us with no bowling options. Why did Woakes not open the bowling. To me they are clueless. Thats why we never do any good.

New Zealand up next, thats two defeats.
(14-02-2015, 11:36 AM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: A surprise that after the first game Chris Woakes is the leading Warwickshire run scorer.

As for Morgan, is he a 'good captain'?  I'd suggest that he isn't and in his current form  he will have rapidly diminishing respect from the rest of the team.  Also, some of us were saying that Morgan was over rated and not good enough long before Geoff Boycott made his comments yesterday.

Was it his fault for the dropped catches and the way we bowled. What options did he have? Yes I agree his batting is a big concern. But once they picked him we have to stick with him. 

Really we just don't pre-plan well enougn for the world cup. Cook was left in too long. They picked an out of form player as his replacement. Bell was left out all together in Sri Lanka
1) Peter Moores was exposed as not good enough during his first spell as England coach, he's doing nothing to change that judgement.
2) Too long was spent trying to build a side around Cook, when it was obvious he isn't a quality one day player.
3) as a result of the above, other players have been denied the chance to establish themselves into their roles and to build a successful team.
4) the continued selection of players that are either not good enough or are totally out of form. So we are effectively playing with 9 or 10 players.
5) continuing to select a captain that is not worth a place in the side, does nothing to boost the confidence of the team, and actually gives a boost to the oppostition.
6) poor tactical decisions, from captain & coach, in some cases caused by 4 & 5 above.

I think people will rapidly lose interest in the team, and tournament, if they continue to perform as badly in the next game.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Ok the points you make are good. Its such awquard time to watch anyway lol I think Scotland will do pretty well. I would expect a better performance against New Zealand, but they are a tough team to beat. It was a nonsense going with four seamers and Moeen. Root is not a viable option. Two things I would expect though are

1. Good fielding -
2. If something isn't working, you dont keep trying it and hoping for different results. I don't know what sort of practice or plans they have for death bowling but we are rubbish at it.
I'm not expecting much from England but I suspect they aren't as bad as we might think at 50 over cricket. It's only a year and a half since they made the final of the Champions Trophy. They knocked India out of the tri-series. It's just that Australia have moved up to another level. They have the players to treat 50 over games as extended T20s. We don't.

Interesting to see Pakistan's death bowling today. They were pitching it short - like England - but India were mistiming it rather than smacking it out of the ground like Australia.
Morgan has asked the senior players to lead from the front. Where does that leave Morgan.................bringing up the rear?
LE - aka John
To be fair they couldn't have had a more difficult game to start with. A rampant Australian team at the mcg in front of nearly 90000 fans. A bit of change from a nice pleasant day at Edgbaston or New Road in front of 1000 spectators.
A good victory, although against a very poor West Indies side, for Ireland this morning. Despite a serious wobble towards the end. It was actually good to see good batting from some of the Irish team, shame the one in the England squad doesn't know how to!

Important game tonight with Scotland taking on NZ.

Runs for Warwickshire players, so far

Woakes 37
Bell 36
P'fld 27
Coleman (Plays Tonight)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Great win for Ireland. Its makes a mockery of the icc wanted to cut the number of associate members for the next world cup. If Morgan was playing for Ireland he would be great. We just drag players down so they become crap.

Its a question of how many Scotland will loose by tonight.
Ireland have a 9 (NINE) day break until their next game.

Tournament goes on for far too long.

This entire up-coming summer Ireland are scheduled to play just 2 home ODI matches. One against England in May and one versus the Aussies after the Ashes have finished.

They should bring back tri-series in this country and involve Ireland and/or Scotland as the third side rather than just playing one-off ODI's