Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup
Ravi is a low grade "all you can eat buffet" pie chucker at international level
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
No but it gives us a 6th bowler option and Ballance doesn't. I really don't see Ballance in the side unless you drop Taylor or move Moeen down the order but for me thats dumb because if we don't know our best side by now then whats the point of all the games before hand.
That's just it Paul,theECB don't know their best side
Assuming they do know their best side it is good to give the rest arun out in case of injury or loss of form. Talking about loss of form should Bell take over as captain and bring Ballance in for Morgan?
LE - aka John
Replacing Morgan is not possible, sadly, it would break the minimum number of Middx/Surrey & Essex players in the team rule :-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
This is nonsense. Morgan is captain for the duration of the world cup. Lets judge him after that.
He is not starting from a position of strength.
Just one good innings in Sri Lanka and that pattern in continuing in Australia.

Effectively we will be limiting ourselves to playing with nine competent players.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Even so he has a good one day record, we know what he is capable of. A real match winner on his day. Not sure what you have against Morgan? Every player goes through bad spells. You want to bring in another steady player for him. That doesn't make sense.
Anyway, as asked before.

Apart from Ian Bell, which current Warwickshire play do people here think will score the most runs in this years cricket world cup?
There are GOOD Mugabe's
William Porterfield I think.
I'd actually say that it will be Freddie Coleman, if Chris Woakes has many chances to bat England won't be winning games.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
I know thats what you think but Porterfield has far more experience so I think thats likely to count in his favour. Chris won't get too many opportunities.

Who will be Englands leading run getter?

I would say Root as he seems the steadiest. Bell has a chance but two new balls will make it be more likely to be a middle order batsman I think.
Interesting comments from 'Sir Geoffrey' here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/31447147
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Yes I just read them. Sir Geoffrey is always right of course. He's the man that said Figjam was far more talented than Ian Bell when their international careers started. If he was true to his word he would have lost two houses on an England defeat to Pakistan lol
I can remember someone saying Ian Westwood was more talented than Ian Bell, and no it wasn't Ian W's mother :-)

(See how I've just linked the "Aston Villa, and other football teams" thread with this one)

Seriously though, the facts do strongly support GB's comments.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
If Sir Geoffrey agrees with me about Morgan then he must be right !!!
LE - aka John
(12-02-2015, 11:47 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: I can remember someone saying Ian Westwood was more talented than Ian Bell, and no it wasn't Ian W's mother :-)

(See how I've just linked the "Aston Villa, and other football teams" thread with this one)

Seriously though, the facts do strongly support GB's comments.

tenuously yes, Guess that was MG, as he picked him ahead of him in the semi-final of 50 over cup at the rose bowl in 2007. 
To quote from the BBC article.

"Morgan under the microscope

After making 121 against Australia on 16 January, England captain Eoin Morgan scored 0, 2 and 0 in his last three innings in the tri-series, and another duck against Pakistan - with two "did not bats" in the same period"

"Morgan, who replaced Alastair Cook as England's ODI captain in December, has been dismissed for less than 20 in nine of his last 11 ODI innings. "

I remember a previous post when his stats from the Sri Lanka series showed that apart from one good innings he was averaging less than 5.

Is this low performance level really acceptable for someone who is meant to be a key batsman in an international side?
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Australia aren't a bad side to make a 100 against to be fair. I agree his record is poor but we aren't going to change it now so whats the point of this debate. He's captain for this world cup so we have to put up with it. Ravi's place isn't guaranteed though! So with duckpara and duckmorgan we'll be fine.
South Africa seem to do OK having 'quota' players in the side, so perhaps it's the way to go?

However, the ECB management have decided to effectively go into games with just 9 players.

This debate, it's just a discussion of differing views
There are GOOD Mugabe's