Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup
hope you are right
Good win today. Well played Bell
(19-01-2015, 11:03 PM)rednalbear Wrote: hope you are right

We are on a roll  Eatdrink020
fantastic innings from Bell. Now he'sEnglands leading run ever run getter in odi cricket. Hard to believe though we only got 303 after Moeen and Bell set the platform of over 100 runs in the first 15. So thats 200 in 35 overs. And then again after the Bell Root partnership... We should have scored 330-350.
Morgan made another massive contribution, and the performance from Bopara was unacceptable, his failure to even rotate the strike significantly impacted on the scoring rate while he was at the crease.

Remember that for a good proportion of his ODI appearances, Ian Bell was moved all round the order, and even left out for a, non performing, " super sub", it is probably more accurate to calculate his average and run rate on about 100 games, not the actual total he has played.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Yes well Morgan did get a 100 the other day so its unfair to single out this failiure. With Bopara he's not being trusted with the ball so they may as well pick Tredwell.

Regarding Bell its a little suprising he's now the top run scorer. His average compares to many players who are regarded as good odi players. Its good to see he's bang in form for the world cup. I thought he started the innings a bit iffy and could have been out to early on but after that majestic, whereas Moeen looked a little out of sorts but still managed a sr of nearly 100 and did hit 3 sixes in one over. Good combination, both rotate the strike well.
I feel a lot happier with Moeen & Ian in the side over the many supposedly better players who were given chances ahead of them.
Yes Morgan played his second good inning of the winter, wow!
There are GOOD Mugabe's
lol, what have you got against Morgan? Never thought of him as a test player but he's a good one day player when in form. Bopara I don't see the point of.
Nothing against anyone, just making a factual observation.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Ok Villa are in the 5th round of the FA Cup and Blues aren't That my factual observation.
Villa manage 2 goals in a game for the first time since when and we get a hi-jack of the cricket world cup thread to remind us. Tongue
LE - aka John
Sorry
Paul, you should be given a 'yellow card' for straying off topic :-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
ONLY a yellow?
LE - aka John
Don't want to be too harsh.
After all he supports that little club from the boggy patch at the bottom of Aston Lower Grounds, that's not easy.
Seeing two goals in the same month would be a shock to him :-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
No seeing the Gil goal caused me to go into a state of shock. I deserve a yellow not a red else we'd have no forum for 3 matches. If that is three Warwickshire matches thats quite a long time...
Have to admit it was a good goal - now youv'e got me straying off topic.

I am not a fan of Morgan in ODIs let alone being captain - I still think it should have been given to Bell. Can we hear from Morgan supporters why they think I am wrong.
LE - aka John
Back on topic, again!

As well as the BBC TMS coverage, there will (should) be audio coverage of some of the games on the following
Radio200.co.za (South Africa)
http://www.abc.net.au/news/sport/ (Australia) 7/0r cricket.com.au
Radiosport.co.nz (NZ)

All of the above are available in the TuneIn radio app.

All of the above have differing styles of commentary, but make for interesting listening, with a good mix of professional broadcasters and ex players.

I'm sure there is audio coverage for the other competing nations, but the ones listed are ones I have found whilst listening over the past few years.

With the closing of Wysiwig finding "unofficial" live streams of the event has become a lot more difficult, so if anyone does find a good, reliable, and virus free source of video streaming of the games please post the info here.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Heres a couple of streaming links. Don't know if they have the cricket!

http://www.rojadirecta.me/en

http://cricfree.sx/channel1-live-football-streaming

Be aware the some isp's will block some of the sites and theres a lot of malware in these types of sites, especially when you click on the popup links.
If any of our members have a sky subscription, they can also watch the online 'skygo' service on up to two devices at no additional charge. I have it set up on a laptop and my ipad, so I can watch when away from home. However sky sports is only available if it is part of your subsciption package.
There are GOOD Mugabe's