Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup
Sri Lanka were thrashed by India in a series recently. They are not that good anymore. England made them look good. Well done Imran Tahir!
Yes, well done Imran.  He and Kumar are maintaining the big contribution made by Bears and ex-Bears to this World Cup.
Keep up-to-date with County Cricket at http://deepextracover.com/
Another close quarter final?

Sorry it's gone on far too long and has produced far too many one sided games. In recent history, sadly another shocker of a World Cup..... showing the inadequacies of 50 over cricket. The sooner it's played at 40 overs the better with a minimum of two games a day. Harsh... But the reality is that with the exception of some brilliant batting it's generally been fairly poor so far. Let's hope the last handful of games are more engaging and give the public some tension and excitement.... Dread to think what the sky viewing figures are like.
Lost interest and didn't even realise I had missed a game ! Must go to Crickinfo to find out what I had missed. Definitely thinking of cancelling Sky Sports
LE - aka John
Yes India v Bangladesh no contest. Think we may have to wait until the semis

Australia
New Zealand
India
South Africa

so obvious even before the competition. God cricket is so predictable.
Not every game is going to be close, or attractive to watch.

There are always going to be games that we find more attractive to watch. While it was one sided, the SA v SL game had a lot of interest because of the characters involved and the two different approaches their sides had to playing the game.

I didn't watch, or listen to any of the game today, having no interest in either of the sides.

As for the '40 overs is better' theory proposed by some here, it is actually just a sign of their inability to concentrate for long periods and to appreciate the fuller range of skills needed over the longer format.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Yes its a modern day sickness. In days gone by people would appreciate the slower approach to life, now people want instant gratifcation which makes cricket hard to compete with other sports and the reason why people like the slog fest.
It seems the that just having aggressive players isn't working for Pakistan barely limping to 200 and struggling to use all their overs.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Spot on Paul,sadly people who only follow the t20 slogs think they're cticket fans,they're not!,If they got the game they could appreciate1- sided games& accept the brillliance of a team over the opposition rather than complain cos every game isn't a last ball decider
love 4 and 5 day cricket.... so the comments about attention spans is interesting. ... but T20, 40 overs and 4/5 day cricket is the only way forward imho.

As for sky... I use now tv. I was given a few skysports free vouchers from a drinks company promotion.

Of course not every game is going to be thrilling, but sadly WC15 has like one or two recent tournaments ...a lot of one sided games.

For cricket to thrive...... lessons from WC15 have to be looked at..... The tournament certainly needs to be shorter in length (not necessarily teams) and 40 overs.
16.1 overs left... a six wicket victory..... we can talk it up.. yes, there was at least some passion.... and that Australian wobble but this was another one sided game. This really has to improve. 

Now Auatralia v India does look tasty to be fair.... I suppose the good news is that it looks that we are getting the four best teams in the semi's... on paper they could be very good games. Lets hope so.
Its it still being played! It drags on and on and on. Yes the semi's should be competitive. Should be but I think Australia will blow India away.
40 overWCs can& probably will still produce1sided games
yes of course. Most international one days matches are uneven contests.
There will always be masilnly one-sided games on One Day cricket - whether it is 20,40,50 and 60 overs. The reason, unlike 4/5 day cricket and most other team sports - there is no draw element.
LE - aka John
1 sided games occur in all sports,who can forget Bournemouth's8-0 thrashing of hapless Blues?
Another one sided game
There's been one or two 8-0 scores in recent times, I think.

I think the real difference with this world cup is the sheer number of one-sided games. Most games have been "over" half way through.
LE - aka John
Far too many one sided games. Reasons

1. Australia, New Zealand and South Africa now play a more dynamic for of the game
2. Home advantage
3. The two white balls
How does 2 white balls create one-sided games?
LE - aka John