Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup
(09-03-2015, 01:31 PM)Paul Wrote: Morgan might have played his last game for England. Both him and Moores have to shoulder much of the blame but bith individually and collectively we fell well short. Not one player can hold his hands up and say he did well

Bell and Woakes are among those who can say they did ok out of the England players! Get rid of Morgan and make Bell captain, he should've been captain from the start!
Proud to be a Bear
It is the responsibility of the team management, coaches and captain to provide the enviroment for the players to perform well. Something it is obvious is not the case.

Would any other country want Moores as their coach? Almost certainly no
Would Morgan's form get him a place in any other side? Almost certainly no
Would any other country include a player that was not a citizen of that country? Definately NO

Under Moores and Morgan we have suffered muddled tactics and strategy, with players being retained when their form would have had them omitted from any per nation. Moores was a dreadful faliure the first time he held the England role and his performance this time is no better.

We have got players capable of playing match winning cricket, if they are used properly and given proper coaching and strategic guidance.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Yes I agree with you there.
We should say congratulations to Bangladesh, who have performed better than expected, and are now winning games against sides that are trying to win, something that has not always being the case with their victories.

Also well done to Ian Bell, Josh Butler and Chris Woakes for their batting, some of the others in the team should follow their example.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Who was at fault for the Moeen run out? I didn't see it but that could have been a crucial moment because if Moeen and Bell could have put on a 150 run partnership then game over. ifs and buts I know!
I didn't watch any of the game but reading the scorecard I agree with the comments made. As I said a few weeks ago - make Bell captain and get rid of Morgan.

I would now add that Moores should be replaced by Giles providing Giles insists he has total unhindered control. I would also say goodbye to Anderson and Broad as far as ODIs are concerned until they show form that justifies selection.
LE - aka John
Moving forwards, we need to consider who of the current squad will be available for the 2019 competition.

Moeen Yes
Bell. No tests only from now on
Hales yes but is he good enough?
Ballance ?? Not at 3
Root yes
Taylor yes
Morgan NO
Woakes yes
Butler yes
Finn ??
Broad no
Anderson no

Duckpara no
Jordan ?
Treadwell no

Which gives a core of six to build a squad around.

However, it is all irrelevant if they are not lead by a positive innovative coach who has experience of the highest level of the game, & is prepared to allow the players the freedom to control how they play in the correct team enviroment.

Having a lame duck captain for the year preceding the tournament does not help build confidence in a team, & it's player, nor does replacing the 'lame duck' with a player who has contributed even less & who's form with the bat wouldn't even justify his selection to a club third eleven.

The best teams, in any sport, are based on a common purpose and respect, something that the situation with Cook & Morgan actively worked to destroy. Furthermore, in what is meant to be a national team, representing a country & it's people, it is totally unacceptable to have a member, who is not a citizen of & has no commitment to that country. For that person to be appointed to lead the team is even worse.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
The whole thing has been a debacle. .. The public arent happy and really worrying neither will be Sky. I really fear this will be the starting pistol to major changes at county level. The issue of selection will be like a leaf in a storm.I am worried that today will be a date in the diary for the history of county cricket.... blamed for the incompetencies of others.
(09-03-2015, 06:47 PM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Moving forwards, we need to consider who of the current squad will be available for the 2019 competition.

Moeen Yes
Bell. No tests only from now on
Hales  yes but is he good enough?
Ballance ?? Not at 3
Root yes
Taylor yes
Morgan NO
Woakes yes
Butler yes
Finn ??
Broad no
Anderson no

Duckpara no
Jordan ?
Treadwell no

Which gives a core of six to build a squad around.

However, it is all irrelevant if they are not lead by a positive innovative coach who has experience of the highest level of the game, & is prepared to allow the players the freedom to control how they play in the correct team enviroment.

Having a lame duck captain for the year preceding the tournament does not help build confidence in a team, & it's player, nor does replacing the 'lame duck' with a player who has contributed even less & who's form with the bat wouldn't even justify his selection to a club third eleven.

The best teams, in any sport, are based on a common purpose and respect, something that the situation with Cook & Morgan actively worked to destroy. Furthermore, in what is meant to be a national team, representing a country & it's people, it is totally unacceptable to have a member, who is not a citizen of & has no commitment to that country. For that person to be appointed to lead the team is even worse.

Its time to start again with a new coach, in one day cricket anyway and a new captain. Do we dispense with Bell, after all Sri Lanka have 3 players nearly 40 in Dilshan, Sangakarra and Jaywaydene  and two of them have had good world cups.  Age shouldn't come into it. If you are good enough you are young enough and 36 next world cup is not too old. 

Moeen - in lack of consistency with the bat but he's a multi dimensional cricketer
Bell - make him captain
Hales - yes not given enough opportunity
Ballance, no - old style type of player tests yes odis no
Root - big yes
Taylor - maybe. Not a good world cup but dropping down the order hasn't helped
Morgan - out too beat down now
Dukpara out
Butler - in
Tredwell - no
Anderson - no
Woakes - yes but needs to open the bowling
Jordon - yes
Finn - no
Stokes - yes, great potential but a bit a word removed
Broad, should never have come back so soon. He obviosuly wasn't up to the challenge but possibly yes
We basically agree is this healthy? :-)
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Hopefully one day they will realise that the cause of a lot of this bad form is lack of playing time with the county sides. The England team need to practice one day cricket more than a handful of times a season when touring sides visit if they're going to get good at it! Let them play for the counties!
Proud to be a Bear
EB - absolutely right. The top players should only be rested occasionly - batsmen rarely. There would then be the knock on effect of increasing attendance at county level.
LE - aka John
Moeen, Root, Hales, Woakes and possibly Taylor.... The rest need to go along with the coach, Downton etc.

Shambles! Even playing loads of one day cricket over last eight months hasn't helped. The problem is indemic.
Of course it's the fault of the County Championship. All those players wasting time playing cricket when they should be in the gym building up their muscles for a slogfest.

I suppose clueless team selection, strategy and captaincy might have contributed to the debacle too but let's scrap the CC anyway...
It's the Data, everytime!
LE - aka John
Excellent innings from Freddie Coleman today, his highest international score, and lots of positive comments about his play from the TMS team.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(02-03-2015, 02:56 PM)Paul Wrote: significant improvement on what though? The biggest issues for me are Anderson, Broad and Finn. All three are well below where they should be. Woakes needs to be given the new ball. Stubborness to change is the biggest problem for England.

This talk about KP returning is nuts unless he's suddenly learnt how to bowl 90 mph.

Replacing Morgan will make no difference at all in my opinion. Bring on the ashes!

See what you did there Paul,KP- nuts
Whether you think Morgan's good enough is debatable,I don't think he is but to question his commitment cos he plays in theIPL slogs is nonsense,what about Brendon McCullum?
The point is he is playing in an IPL slog instead of fulfilling his committment as CAPTAIN of England when they play an ODI.
LE - aka John
Never been in agreeance with centrally contracted players going to the ipl. Its just greed. Its not like the packer days. The England cricketers all earn serious money now! No problem with county cricketers going though!