Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup
(28-02-2015, 07:44 AM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: The NZ v Aus game was wonderful, even though it was low scoring, it was full of high quality bowling, tension & advantage swings.
Yet another great example of the entertaining high quality cricket found in the 50 over game.

No I want to see runs, runs and more runs. Actually it showed our score against New Zealand wasn't that bad. It was the bowlers that let us down  Undecided
But, Paul, cricket isn,t just about runs being scored otherwise we might just as well stop coaching bowlers and fill the team with 11 batsmen
LE - aka John
Yes 4s and 6s thats what people want. 500 plays 490. 11 ab's.

I was actually doing a WB  Dodgy
(28-02-2015, 09:13 AM)Warleybear Wrote: This was a cracker... But outside this, scotland v Afghanistan, Ireland UAE ... I think there's also been a lot of one sided tosh. Plenty of three figure run wins .... Even one over 250. 9898 

Lets hope the tournament improves.... The Aus / NZ game gives me hope..... It may have low scoring..... but it was very exciting and shows what can be achieved in even 40 overs.  Lightbulb

Too long and drawn out for me. England play Scotland and then we have to wait 6 days for their next game. 
There do need to be more games a day.... and 40 overs. Its mostly far too one sided... and thats often between the major cricketing nations. Loose by more than 150 runs or 8 wickets and you are knocked straight out?
so we had a 6 day wait before playing sri lanka tonight then it will be an 8 day wait before we play our next game said before its to long should be 2 games a day
True... very true. Thought theyd have learnt from previous world cups?
(28-02-2015, 02:58 PM)Warleybear Wrote: There do need to be more games a day....  and 40 overs. Its mostly far too one sided... and thats often between the major cricketing nations. Loose by more than 150 runs or 8 wickets and you are knocked straight out?

Cricket,like any sport,won't always be exciting,1 sided matches,especially in group stages,occur in football& rugby.Cricket's no different& if you understand the game it's possible to appreciate if1 team outplays the other
But where is the entertainment value, or indeed what is there to appreciate in UAE v India?
LE - aka John
The same will apply in the upcoming rugby WC when Australia play Fiji,all these tournaments have mis matches
England stuttering along. Whats a good score here 250 maybe?
A great display of batting by the Sri Lanka team, including a hundred for ex Bear Kumar Sangakkara.

Moeen & Ian gave England a good start that was wasted with Balance and Morgan failing again.

The tactical plans, from the captain and coach, combined with the on the field captaincy have being unacceptably bad.

One positive is that the ODI careers of many involved will be over after the final group game. However for the England team to be competitive at this level, it requires a change of head coach.
As said before, if Morgan & Moores had any respect for the team and Country they are representing, they would resign.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Totally agree TGM. I was surprised when Moores was brought back and even more surprised when an occasionally good Morgan was made captain.
It has been said MNorgan does not sing the national anthem because he is shy. For me shy and captaincy do not go together.

Changes need to be made - urgently.
LE - aka John
Shy, or because he is not a British citizen and has no links with or feeling for the country he is representing.

It's very simple, if you are not a citizen of a country, you should not be representing that country in any sporting situation, and most definitely not be captain.

It is obvious he would fail the 'Tebbit' test!
There are GOOD Mugabe's
I didn't see it all but I saw most of our innngs and some of theres. We got off to a good start, we stuttered. Root and Morgan built a recovery, Morgan was just getting going then got out and we ended the innings well. 300+ should have been a competitive score but our seam bowling in particular lacks something and it was criminal that regulation slip catch being put down early on. You can't blame the captain for everything. Butler is not a good enough keeper. Broad and Anderson offer little as an opening pair and by the time Woakes bowls the batsman are settled.

Moores out!
So TGM after the world cup who retires, or gets dropped, and who are the replacements.
Well there's the logical performance based answer, and the answer that teh England management will provide.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Whether its been bad team selection, wrong tactics, shocking bowling, $ h1t € batting, poor fielding, no variety in our attack etc etc. etc. its been by any standard appalling.

And we left KP at home to prove a point.... which may keep a rump core happy... but has at times looked laughable.

the list goes on ...

The incompetance grows!
Graves has put KP back on the agenda. That's going to create a few ripples especially if we continue losing.,

As an aside, I wonder which team Morgan will be cheering for this afternoon
LE - aka John
I don't really get why people keep bringing up this issue regarding his loyalty. Its fair enough to question his ability and whether he's good enough but not the other.