Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup
oops jinxed them
India wupping South Africa
Just think... we're still in this. Scrape to the knockouts and then who knows....... .

Trying to be positive. .. the only other option is to say its a fiasco.... the selectors should resign and admit that KP was a cricketing god who should have been kept in the squad .....

Hmmmmm. ......
Disappointing performance from SA today, listening to the Radio2000.co.za coverage, it seems they were hit badly when Parnell injured his hamstring and there are also concerns about the batting and balance of the side.

I'm sure they will recover and reach the semi final, at least.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Yes bring back KP and replace Moores with Piers Morgan  Dodgy

South Africa never do anything in world cups. Overhyped team just like England. Can't play spin! Couldn't handle the 87000 Indian support.
Good in test cricket though. 
Scotland bring Freddie into the side. Could be an interesting night.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Are you staying up to watch it?

I wish all the current and ex Warwickshire players the best of luck. Theres 5 out there.
Bell is looking rather out of touch at the moment. I just hope he can bat on and through it and regain his form tonight.
LE - aka John
Yes I agree
A match dominated by current & former bears would be entertaining. Listening to five live, may doze for some of the time.

This is the new record opening partnership for England in World Cup matches, beating the 158 by Barry Wood & Dennis Amiss at Edgbaston in 1975, against East Africa, who included the talented member of the Pringle family.

Well done to Moeen & Ian.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Bumble not happy though!
Moeen out for 128. Lack of pace got him i think, however wonderful innings
The Scotland fightback has started!

It was a good catch by Freddie to dismiss Moeen.

Will Morgan last the over?
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Overall a comfortable enough victory for England. Moeen the star, Bell supported him well rotating the strike. i think they work well together. Morgan showed he should be batting in the final overs, thats where he's best.
I agree,Paul, and Taylor should bat higher up the order especially if a wicket falls early.
LE - aka John
I don't go in for this Hales thing because I've seen him bat with Moeen in Sri Lanka and he didn't rotate the strike, he ran Moeen out on 62 and its no coincidence that Moeen's stats went down since Bell was dropped. Ballance has to go, Move Taylor up the order and bring back ravi as he gives us another bowling option
I'm not a Bopara fan - surely there are other choices.

One criticism of last night's performance. A good team should double the score obtained on 30 overs. England were 172-1 on 30 so, in my opinion, should have reached 340 minimum.
LE - aka John
I agree with LE, Bopara has had too many chances and fails consistently. Also he isn't a viable alternative bowler, unless you are providing 'low grade all you can eat buffet' bowling to get a declaration.

Hopefully there will be many England ODI careers finishing after our final game here.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Ben Stokes is the obvious choice but he's not in the squad. Once we get over this, the selectors need to look at developing all rounders. Moeen's doing fine. Root needs to bowl more. Woakes needs to score more. Jordan has the physique but not much else.

Back home, James Vince has surprisingly discovered that he can bowl at a decent pace. David Willey is very promising if he can stay fit and has the advantage of bowling left arm. That gives a group of half a dozen or so from whom a set of ODI all rounders could be developed. And that's without Ravi.
(23-02-2015, 02:05 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: I'm not a Bopara fan - surely there are other choices.

One criticism of last night's performance. A good team should double the score obtained on 30 overs. England were 172-1 on 30 so, in my opinion, should have reached 340 minimum.

I'm not a fan either but the choices are Hales, Bopara or Tredwell. 

Yes fair point but Trott makes a good point about us not taking the power play at the right time. When Moeen and Bell were going so well that was the time to take it. Instead Bell got out Moeen was caught in the deep just before the power play had to be taken. So we had two new batsmen in when it was taken. That is not ideal, especially when you think how much Moeen loves to hit the ball in the air, so he could have picked his spots and Bell the same.