Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup
A totally dominant performance by a well prepared and coached New Zealand team.

Good bowling from Chris Woakes, but why was he only the fourth bowler used?

Morgan managed to last for 41 balls, so that will be claimed to be a positive by Moores, who has, yet again shown himself to be out of his depth as an international coach.
While Robert may be bad, Robert is not all Mugabe's.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
It is Warwickshire County Cricket Club!
Having heard Morgan's comments, you have to ask what game he was watching, as they have no relation to to actual performance delivered. If he had any respect for his team, his performance and the country he is representing, he would be handing in his resignation now.
There are GOOD Mugabe's
Shouldn't it be the selectors resigning,they made the ridiculous appointment?!!!
That can come later, however the position of Morgan is untenable.

If he had any respect for the team and the country he is representing, he would have resigned by now.

He isn't a British citizen and is more interested in playing in & promoting a corrupt domestic league, is that really acceptable for the captain of a national team?
There are GOOD Mugabe's
I should think Scotland are looking forward to their next game.
I saw the Bell. Mooen and Morgan dismisals. Bell got a good ball but should have been able to deal with a little movement. Moeen looked good but if their is a flaw in the high bat lift technique its to the yorker. Morgan I just don't know the point of that shot. Not enough power to beat the long on, it was a shot of a batsmen with an unclear head.

I blame Moores, if he is the one that decided to put Ballance at three and move Taylor to 6 and then not give Chris the new ball. Two changed for the next match. Finn out Jordon in, Ballance out Hales in!
(20-02-2015, 06:23 AM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: A totally dominant performance by a well prepared and coached New Zealand team.

Good bowling from Chris Woakes, but why was he only the fourth bowler used?

Morgan managed to last for 41 balls, so that will be claimed to be a positive by Moores, who has, yet again shown himself to be out of his depth as an international coach.

For once I 100% agree with you. Giles should have got the job not Moores. No experience at this level. Players cant respect him because he's never been there. 

Worst performance ever in a world cup match. New Zealand are good but Tim Southee isn't Steyn or Johnson. 
Time to come home. Morgan and Moores surely MUST resign immediately. Bring Giles in and make Bell captain. Put Taylor at 3 and give Woakes the new ball.
LE - aka John
Theres no way they will resign though in the middle of the tournament. We need a complete rethink on one day cricket because for a country that has so much money coming in through sky etc we are just very poor. If all that matters is test cricket and the ashes then fine let the ecb come out and admit it, but for me a world cup should take prioriry. You have all the best countries in the world competing and we have never won it.

If Morgan was playing for Ireland there is no doubt he would be be a superstar but England make everybody rubbish. Just look at all the players that when they first came into the England side they were great. KP, Morgan, Butler etc
England are poor but we should creditNZ,great fielding,superb leadership
I don't think ODI world cup should take priority over test cricket. Test cricket should take priority when we are playing a test series, one day cricket should take priority when playing in a world cup. I thought this was England's approach anyway as since August One Day cricket has been the priority and a fat lot of good it has done them.
LE - aka John
Focus on Test and T20 cricket.... scrap 50 over domestic cricket and just dont worry about the international format. Perhaps thats the way the ECB, players etc. want to go anyway. ...
(20-02-2015, 04:52 PM)Leicester Exile Wrote: I don't think ODI world cup should take priority over test cricket. Test cricket should take priority when we are playing a test series, one day cricket should take priority when playing in a world cup. I thought this was England's approach anyway as since August One Day cricket has been the priority and a fat lot of good it has done them.

Yes you say that LE but wheres the planning! Nobody can tell me New Zealand have better players than we do!
Absolutely agree. They have had since August to prepare for one day credi. And then at the start of the competition they change batting order (Taylor) and bowling order (Woakes number 1 to 4) and the whole team appear to be in disarray and lacking motivation. Questions therefore need to be asked of the coaching set up - where are they? Why is Moores not taking the pressure of Morgan?

I worry that we will lose to Scotland.
LE - aka John
It could happen!
At least not as bad as Pakistan - 4 wickets down for 1 and losing by 150 runs to the Windies
LE - aka John
Is it too cynical to wonder about the integrity of that performance?

Also, this is quite funny

http://newsthump.com/2015/02/20/alastair...ghing-fit/
There are GOOD Mugabe's
(21-02-2015, 09:37 AM)Leicester Exile Wrote: At least not as bad as Pakistan - 4 wickets down for 1 and losing by 150 runs to the Windies

Ireland must be in with a great chance of qualifying in that group
(21-02-2015, 09:49 AM)The Good Mugabe Wrote: Is it too cynical to wonder about the integrity of that performance?

Also,  this is quite funny

http://newsthump.com/2015/02/20/alastair...ghing-fit/

The last bit was funny

I am not laughing though as in both football and cricket we've won nothing since 66. Thats 49 years of nothing...Should follow Rugby I guess.
Afghanistan not going badly here